Top Tips For Syon Park?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 wozzamozza

wozzamozza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:fly fishing (just converted from course)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:03 PM

Iím trying Syon Park west London, for the first time this Sunday. The weather forecast at the moment is overcast with slight 6 mph wind. Has anyone fished there recently? Any top tips, would be appreciated.

Cheers wozzmozza.
:)

#2 argyll

argyll

• Anglers' Net Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts
  • Interests:Fishing!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

Top tip for sunday.......wrap up warm.
'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

#3 wozzamozza

wozzamozza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

:D ha ha, yeah, that will be the first thing on my mind, although the weather looks a bit better now.

I was going to give a team of buzzers, pheasant tail, diawl bach on a floating line a go. But if there is a certain colour or pattern thatís working well at the moment Iíd love to know.

wozzamozzza

#4 argyll

argyll

• Anglers' Net Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts
  • Interests:Fishing!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:46 AM

:D ha ha, yeah, that will be the first thing on my mind, although the weather looks a bit better now.

I was going to give a team of buzzers, pheasant tail, diawl bach on a floating line a go. But if there is a certain colour or pattern thatís working well at the moment Iíd love to know.

wozzamozzza

If the weather is going to be very cold then I'd be tempted to start with a sinking line and fish deep. When (if) the water warms up and you get a bit of mid day sun then you'll possibly take them off the top. If thats going to happen then you should see them already taking. If they are deep then they might not be prepared to chase small flies, so a nice big mouthful of a lure like a cats whisker fished slowly might do the trick.

Edited by argyll, 28 November 2005 - 04:53 PM.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

#5 chuby

chuby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:FISHING,TRAVEL

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

Would be interested to know how you get on please.
They reckon,cats whisker or buzzers

#6 wozzamozza

wozzamozza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

hi Chuby,

After getting on the wrong train at waterloo at 7.50am, which headed to Portsmouth we finally arrived at Syon park at 10.30!! when we got there, the fly that everyone was on was the cats whisker. My fishing partner and I both went for a floating line and gold head cats. Reuben caught almost straight away. After he had 4 and me 0, I noticed that my fly was riding higher in the water, probably only 3 feet down.

I changed to a sinking line and got right down and had immediate contact. We finished off with 8 rainbows to 2 ĺ before heading to the pub at 3pm. All on cats apart from one off mine which fell to a yellow and black nomad. Even though these were not the biggest fish in there, they really put up a god fight.

wozzamozza
:D

#7 chuby

chuby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Well done.The fish are reared at Albury,and what i have taken from there have been in good nick and have given a good account of themselves.
Will have to give Syon a try

#8 wozzamozza

wozzamozza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:31 AM

I tried Vale end last month and the fish were the same high standard. Yellow and black seemed to be working well then. For picturesque settings Vale end wins hands down. The planes flying into Heathrow over Syon park took a bit of time to get used to.

#9 BREAMAGAIN

BREAMAGAIN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:ALL TYPES OF FISHING

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

Are there still hundreds of Parakeets as Syon , they drove me mad last time I was there ?

#10 chuby

chuby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

Are there still hundreds of Parakeets as Syon , they drove me mad last time I was there ?

I'll show ya parakettes :D stacks of em around here in surrey :D