Breaking news from the government!!

bryan

Don't we pay enough tax allready?

Where does the VAT on fishing tackle go?

Just been told that my £5.64 per hr job will disappear next year!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the liecence does come into play, then the enforceing body should be made to publish a detailed account of how they intend to use the revenue raised buy the introdution of the liecence.

The other side of the coin is, just who will monitor thier efforts and sucess rates.

They cant police or enforce what we have now let alone this.

[ 02. August 2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]

Yakity - Yak:

Hi Satchmo,

Spending the £22 on bait would be my choice,

Do you realy believe they will make any difference,??

Yakity.   :)  

What would it matter how much you spent on bait if there are less and less fish to eat it? Tackle and bait shops would make more money and then pay more tax to the government. So what's the difference, except extinct fish species?

I don't believe anything until I see the proposals. If they don't make significant changes then I wouldn't be paying a licence fee since I'd have stopped fishing. So what's the difference.

For the hard case anglers out there who fish every week its about 42p a week or 1 extra peeler crab!

All I'm saying is don't stick our heads in the sand and refuse to pay no matter what, see what's offered in return!

Satchmo ,

Its not so much the cost of the liecence, its the principle.

Our fish stocks are dreadfully low,the spawning grounds have been smashed to pieces buy the trawlers.

We need to look at the fish enviourment, now if the funds were used to create artificial reefs, that were out of bounds to ALL forms of fishing,

then I would gladly pay £50 a year.

We need to give something back to the sea instead of continueing to rape it.

Cheers

Yakity :)

Seems like the only piece of written 'constitution' we have (Magna Carta) is being trampled on by the rabble we have running the country.

We all know why fish stocks are low & they do b'all about it!

The only way I could envisage a 'sea licence' working would be for charter boats & being as they already cost an arm and a leg & hardly make any money I can't see that being popular.

Mind you if they legalise prostitution (Brown mentioned it last week!) to bring in more tax & slap the people doing 'black' work and renting out 'holiday lets' etc I suppose the sea angler may have to pay up!

(Interesting point – ‘tradesman’ who do ‘cash jobs’ claim that those most likely to ask for it ‘sans VAT’ or ‘without an invoice’ are likely to be professionals, Lawyers, copper’s, MP’s etc!)

I have paid (my freshwater licence) and I think about 1/3rd of all sea anglers do the same so will they tax me twice for my habit!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

We have the learned Leon and Frank ......

this has certainly not been thought through by the Civil Servants (who's this Blair character, anyway?)......

I support the idea, but gotta see some concrete conservation measures ......

ideas are free, eh?

When I pay my £22 squid, I expect to know what I'm getting ......

that's blown it, 'cos I pay road tax????????

jet skiiers....don't get me started...gonefishing....a blight on an otherwise beautiful scene!!!...and what's with their attitude?

as for a licence...I would mind if like so many have said...we could see positive protection and enhansement of the sport we all love.

Art

Salar:

They point out that sea anglers generate £500m business yet commercial fishermen only £600m, so go figure that one. Suddenly we are a significant body!

Don't forget that 60% of the commercial sector catch is made up of crabs, prawns, shellfish and fin fish that anglers aren't interested in!

Tight Lines - leon

ps the review that includes sea angling licences can be accessed via http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/sacn/latest/i...ex.php?view=123

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest jay_con

shall i get me kit off?

seriously id pay anything if i was gaurunteed good fishing like 96/97 every year.

Quote from toggle.

I have paid (my freshwater licence) and I think about 1/3rd of all sea anglers do the same so will they tax me twice for my habit!

would you mind paying twice if you knew the sea was as well stocked as ya pond?