Bloke Fly Rods......

help_ma_boab

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else tried one of these 'Bloke' rods? I've been trying for a while to find a replacement for my beloved Fenwick Iron Feather travel rod (the old style one - not the new fast action poker), which I broke earlier this season. The write ups and web site blurb (www.blokerods.co.uk) sounded good, but pretty expensive at retail prices. Then I found that the company is putting a couple of rods on ebay on a regular basis. I thought 'why not?' and won a Bloke XL50 9ft 7wt 4-piece for a third of the retail (I know - jammy beggar!). It is lovely - a nice thru action with loads of reserve power in a very light blank. Good quality materials, well finished. I love it! It suits my style down to the ground. An absolute delight to use!

Has anyone else tried one? What did you think? I liked it so much after one weekend that I bid and won another to give me a matching pair (bit more expensive this time - but still well worth it in my opinion).

I know liking/disliking rods is a very subjective thing - but I would recommend trying one if you get the chance. And at current ebay prices you can save a lot of dosh.

PS I dont have any connection with Bloke Rods, I just think my rods are brilliant, and great value at the moment. I also think that this company will generate a good reputation in a short space of time with products like these.

Bill

worth remembering though that the real value of the rods is whatever they go for on ebay, not some inflated RRP.

still, long as you're happy with the rod what does it matter :)

I don't think I have ever heard of a Bloke rod selling for RRP. Whatever Mick Bells marketing strategy his rods do seem very popular. The #6 is supposed to be a cracking rod. The #7 as well. I wasn't that convinced by the #8 I used for a weekends SWFFing. I found it on the heavy side and was too stiff for my tastes. In fairness to Mick though, he does state it's for the better than average caster and he did design it for sightfishing for Bonefish, not making multiple blind casts in the UK.

The best 'fixed' price I have seen is at the UKSWFF shop.

Mick gave me a 7 weight earlier on this year :D .

very pleased with it-well i would be wouldn't i :D .Nice rod,perhaps a little stif for my c##p casting,but nonetheless if i was in the market for another,i think i would go for a 6 weight.