Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taken yesterday, not my best butterfly photo but one of my favourites, (I couldn't get any other angle/approach to it) . It's a Ringlet.

IMG_9748_f-r_zpstbivel6g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kansas City Storm Chasers's photo
You gotta love Kansas this time of year
Edit: 13 minutes ago - 10:14 am
13241186_1381862095164669_40104134490479
Kansas City, Missouri?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There won't be any snow here this Xmas, so here's some strange ice from a couple of weeks back. From the pic of the approach shot, it almost looks like the water was welling up and then freezing, but it didn't look like that at the time, the surface was pretty flat, just like any other frozen puddle.

240yczq.jpg687wn4.jpg

Ayjay,

Intriguing - what do you suppose? Wondering how thick is the ice?

I really don't know how it's occurred Phone, I've had a couple of thoughts on it, but I've not even convinced myself yet.

It wasn't very thick at all, less than a half inch, probably only a quarter inch at most.