Highland Sea Angling Club

The Highland Sea Angling Club website is showing trip dates for the 2006 season. The Club runs fishing trips around the coast of the Highlands with some of the best skippers and boats. You don't have to be a member to join us on a trip - Give Ieuan (Membership Secretary), or Dave (Fixtures) a call for more information.

Edited by awright

• 2 weeks later...

Given that there has just been a rod auction on this site on behalf of www.save-our-sharks.org I'm appaualed to see this on the above site...

Picture_090.jpg

I fail to see the justification for these types of trophy shots in this day and age?

Edited by SandTiger

That picture discusts me, I will tell every one I know how discustedf I am at all involved.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Dec 22 2005, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

:D It does look like it's been tailed and not gaffed if that's any consolation. But why not release it at the side of the boat? :rolleyes:

Do they always p!ss that much claret when tailed?

:unsure:

Edited by SandTiger

That "someone" gripping that porgie will have a name, family and life, and no doubt a very different view on what that photo means.

Well I'd love him to enlighten us - maybe he was offering the kiss of life? - It's a trophy shot Jaffa and you are being totally disingenuous to even attempt to say it is anything less. You on the ol' xmas sauce tonight? :rolleyes:

What actions, like complaining to the sites owner, did you take before splashing that guys face, for judgement, across one of the top UK angling forums?

None, why should I? The guy has put himself on offer in the first place by allowing his 'club' to print his mug. Therefore it has entered the public domain - Lets face it he doesn't look too bothered, but then interpretation is a matter for the individual.

Simple really?

Edited by SandTiger

I have a similar picture of myself with a 220lb thresher in my gallery. This fish died during a two and a half hour struggle to bring it to the boat. We was mortfied as the intention had been to release it. The fish had just stopped fighting and surfaced upside down 50 yards behind the boat. We managed to get it alongside and kept it head into the tide but it was clearly dead after 15 mins so we brought it aboard. What surprised us was the amount of blood that came out of it. Later we found out it was not uncommon for these large fish and particularily the old ones to have heart attacks and burst blood vessels.

Anyone who catches fish. Will have fish die on them from time to time. Wether they are whiting, bass or porbeagles.

I don't know the circumstances of the picture. I do know it may not be as it seems.

Guest NickInTheNorth
Anyone who catches fish. Will have fish die on them from time to time. Wether they are whiting, bass or porbeagles.

I don't know the circumstances of the picture. I do know it may not be as it seems.

Hi Stoaty

If you knew a little of the history of the boat on which this fish was caught you may think different!