fox soft steel

rooney888

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're both good lines, i've used soft steel a lot in 12lb and really rate it. sensor is quite a bit cheaper, but i think if you can afford the extra, soft steel is worth a try

kystonite is good

Got to disagree on this one, try it on one rod and compare it in the water. It is a lot more visable in the water compared to Brown Sensor IMO and no better than clear sensor that is half the price. Casts OK though :)

I'ved tried lots of line over the years but now stick with Sensor.

sensor is a very very good line and for the price is hard to beat. i think soft steel is one of the few lines that challenges it, but it is twice the price

i first bought sensor to use as backing on all my reels, but when i saw how good it looked i used it (in 15lb) as my main line for pike (back in the dim and distant pre powerpro days) and as a main line for carp too.

Edited by jeepster

ive been thinking of getting the new soft steel by fox just wandering if its anygood?

I used soft steel at the begining of the season & is great for playing in fish & fishing in close to snags, but when it came to casting out at distance, what a nightmare, I used 15lb soft steel, 3oz distance lead & 3lb test curve rod & could only hit about 80 yards, thought it was me having a mare at casting so got a mate to cast it, he got the same distance.

So went & bought some sensor & can easly cast 100yards to the snag. So I would recomend Sensor.

But can't fault the soft steel for playing in carp at close range, especialy in snags.

French Carp Fishing At Its Finest.

www.edenslakes.com