digging lugworms

skippytheroo

I think I understand better how the burrow is shaped now...... In like a U shape between the cast and the blow hole....before when Ive been digging I have wrongly assumed that the hole you see as you dig is the worm trying to escape from you :P

Problem with getting the locals to help is thet they tend to ignore you when you ask for help :P I assume they dont want me to get all the worms they are trying to dig :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ive had better results today....2 and a half hours and have about 30 worms....some nice yellow tails and some bigger juicy black/red worms.......still not so cost effective :P worms i have would cost me 3.50 at tackle shop. I value my time at more than 1.50 per hour :P

At least I know how to dig them ....now all i need is a good worm bed to dig :P I sense some exploring on the horizon

Skippy

You havent said whether red/blow lug or black.One tip is when digging the smaller blow lug, look for a good bed of casts which is reasonable dry,they may be 2 forks down so take the first spit out at an angle and turn it back inside the hole this stops the water building up so you dont have to dig in sloppy wet sand then take he second spit out 3/4 of the way down the first dig and hopefully theres your worm. If its black i always use a spade and chase them out 1 at a time. It may be worth while investing in a small bore bait pump which you can pick up for less than £3o on the web.

Ah

Razors inhabit the very low water line too? Im surprised there are no cockles along filey bay. There are tonnes of empty cockle shells all along the beach. Ive always fancied trying them as bait along there for the bass as there are so manay shells im sure there must be cockle beds somewhere and the bass would see them as a natural food source for the area

Skippy

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found a better spot wih plenty casts and managed enough worms to sink a small battleship :P Much better when there are actually worms there to dig for :P

I saw a friend of yours Winter....He was waving at me in the distance cause he thought I was you :P :P

Skippy

Guest @Winter@
Well I found a better spot wih plenty casts and managed enough worms to sink a small battleship :P Much better when there are actually worms there to dig for :P

I saw a friend of yours Winter....He was waving at me in the distance cause he thought I was you :P :P

You purchased a balaclava ?. Who was it and more importantly where ? and more importantly what was in his bucket. :):)