2 P.B's at Kimmeridge

richi

Crikey what a night guys!

I didn't realise you had planned a night yak fishing session over the Purbecks! Sounds like you got the timing right and the fish came and played for you.

I haven't yet fished from Worbarrow or Kimmeridge; I'll probably fish there during the day though I don't trust the surf down there - if the wind picks up the surf can build quickly. I hope they're just as eager to bite on a daytime high tide (the conger may be asleep though!)

Sorry to hear about the damaged kayak and I hope you get a replacement sorted soon.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blimey.

Fishing report was great.....the flying 'yak was plain scary :cc_surrender:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Great session lads well done and commiserations!! Cant help noticing you have your Eagle Cuda Portable Richi.

How have you mounted it (under the hatch straps?) and wheres the transducer?? Does it work well??

Ok Prowler 13

Martin ther is always a positive. On checking the remains of the Yak would you believe it. The transducer, just 2ft infront of the major impact, was still glued in place. Ill be using Araldite Rapid again! :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Suppose there is a serious consideration here. Whilst your car insurance will cover damage to the rolls (hope you had NCP!!) , is the yak covered , perhaps on your household. Can you insure your yak separately?? Suppose somebody does as you can insure just about everything!!

Ok Prowler 13

I going to try the argument that the Yak was damaged directly as a result of mechanical failure. Yes thankfully I do have NCP :rolleyes::)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

In memory of Yarakpost-7370-1137956904_thumb.jpg Martin in answer to your question-yes the base is held by the hatch straps and the transducer is mounted on an aluminium angle (half a leg from an old beach rod rest)held in place by a bungee strap through the front scupper holes(I also drilled holes in the angle to take bungee/transducer-------------Will say though it creates drag and is only meant as a temporary measure-works a treat though-----------------by the way ---I had two rods out with the same bait but the one with the "booby-beads" took all the fish :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph