2 P.B's at Kimmeridge

richi

Correction it was not a hotel it wasthe outfall from Winfrith Atomic Research Establishment. Nice ! Also bear in mind that this mark falls within the gunnery range so access is restricted to mainly weekends.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may be in for a surprise though if you hook into one of the many hundreds of unexploded shells that litter the seabed in that area .

I came across a live shell down there early last year. It looked quite fresh with no signs of corrosion; I left it alone and called the ranger.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Danno Funny how life revolves I was one of those responsible for some of those shells! Based at Lulworth Camp as a gunnery instructer for several years. Shh dont tell everyone but most of them are practice shells just full of concrete. With a few live ones thrown in. We used to aim through Arish Mell at bouys anchored in the bay. The Navy used to add their bit as well. But if it wasnt the size of a battleship they were hopeless :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Next time im down their i will find a nice one for you and post it on if you want.It would look nice on your mantlepiece. Ive spent many a happy hour watching the night firing from near the camp. Very impressive.

Its an awsome sight. With the smell of cordite and the noise its even more impressive form inside the turret.

Health and safety tip: Duck egg Blue shells are practice and mostly full of concrete, but beware they can have a phosphorous flashing tip and tracer in the tale. Both should be burnt out.

Green with yellow writing means live, if they appear intact stay well away.

The insurance process is now grinding into motion. Probably lessons we could all learn so will post developments. Currently, the insurers are looking to claim the damages off of Jeep. They feel that it is mechanical breakdown that caused the accident. Could get me off the excess but I can see it dragging on.

Excellent night it sounds. Sorry to hear about the flight test. Was it a new roof rack? Any chance of product liability taking over the claims? I would think you have some kind of comeback - UNLESS, on the box the roof rack came in it gave you a max loading and speed.....I know mine did. Weight limit and max speed of 60mph. I bet they try to say you were going too fast for the loading...you need a witness as to what speed you were going in that case. Did you get one from a following car by happenchance?

Just thought - you got legal liability cover on your insurance? Or RAC/AA membership with legal assisistance?

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon the rack is an integral part of the Jeep roof. Im ready for the weight and speed arguments. The yak at 55lb was well within limits and Richi will confirm that we were probably doing no more than 50mph.

Cant get an assessor out at the moment. Usual lack of service cant give a time and as i work 60 miles away not easy to pop back so offered to wait in up to 10ish on a day of their choice as they start at 9 but they said they still couldn't promise to make that. Ive told them to go back to the insurers and instruct them to find someone that can.

I run a service based company am/pm appointment times just show poor organisation, descipline and a lack of commitment to the customer. I hate poor service. Wait while i just climb off my soap box. :wallbash::bleh:

Darnsarf did you get your pm last week

Danno, just checked, no missed it can you re-send. thanks Paul :thumbs: