Angling Trust Welcomes Action to Remove Beavers from Devon River

quote from the article:

If this is true then this alone could be a major problem with beavers; as well as any other incidental damage like spawning gravels silting up because of flooding and reduced flows; which might be more of a problem. I agree with you about the Mink though.

We need to be extremely careful about releasing any beavers into our river systems before proper detailed research has been completed.

Keith (BoldBear)

Frankly - "I Don't Give A Dam" lol.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

:hammer: So why should fish be given priority over beavers? They are both wild, indigenous species and I'm sure the general public would rather see beavers than where fish live and breed. Otters have been introduced back into areas where they have vanished from and they cause enormous damage to fish stocks, both wild and domestic, especially endangered eels, but the EA and AT aren't calling for them to be culled or removed. Is that because there would be a public backlash?

:hypocrite:

quote from the article:

If this is true then this alone could be a major problem with beavers; as well as any other incidental damage like spawning gravels silting up because of flooding and reduced flows; which might be more of a problem. I agree with you about the Mink though.

We need to be extremely careful about releasing any beavers into our river systems before proper detailed research has been completed.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by Norm B

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.