Tigger, eat your heart out!

Anderoo

Well done, it's a barbel, doesn't matter that it's a tiddler. Tiggers pics are all photoshopped anyway :D.

I have caught a couple that size from the Kennet, not often enough by a long way though. I don't know if it's because they're not there or because young specimens are just as wary as older fish.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I think your far more likely to catch a 6 or 7 pounder than a little one like that, so it's a PB at the opposite end of PB's....if you get my meaning :).

I have had a few of that size but not many at all.

I was inspired to get my ass into gear, got my trotting tackle together, finished work at a decent time and got down to the tackle shop - only to find them out if maggots. Foiled! Got my new club card though.

I was inspired to get my ass into gear, got my trotting tackle together, finished work at a decent time and got down to the tackle shop - only to find them out if maggots. Foiled! Got my new club card though.

Steve, you should have got a bag of frozen sweetcorn or a loaf of bread.....or gone mad and got both LOL :).

Did consider it, but I was hankering for a session after silvers on the upper Thames (with a chance of one of those barblets, I know roughly where the fingerlings the EA stocked have been coming out)

I think your far more likely to catch a 6 or 7 pounder than a little one like that, ........

I have had a few of that size but not many at all.

Yes, juvenile barbel, like juvenile tench, are so rarely caught.

I have always assumed it because both inhabit dense weed and feed on small organisms within the weed-bed

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Did consider it, but I was hankering for a session after silvers on the upper Thames (with a chance of one of those barblets, I know roughly where the fingerlings the EA stocked have been coming out)

That sort of fishing is great fun. JV44 and I joined Reading and District Angling Association at the weekend, after a long walk for the first recce we ended up at a lock cut catching perch, dace, chublets, roach and gudgeon all from the same swim (he was poaching).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That sort of fishing is great fun. JV44 and I joined Reading and District Angling Association at the weekend, after a long walk for the first recce we ended up at a lock cut catching perch, dace, chublets, roach and gudgeon all from the same swim (he was poaching).

Steve don`t believe him I found some fish in the downstream end of a lock cut which I have always found to be most prolific bite wise and he muscled into my swim ,then after a lucky win numbers wise he then missed out on a burger form the burger van coz he was late and you know how cranky he gets when he hasn't eaten for an hour.... we had round 2 on Sunday which involved me fishing the island and Rusty fishing a out of bounds area on the new ticket with his excuse being there were no maps in the new permit

I won round 2 with a mixture of Dace,Gudgeon,Roach,Bleak and Chublets and the 2 days were great fun .

Oh and I bought a new float rod.....and the Harrison is heavy....and Rusty couldn`t open the secure parking area so didn`t want to stray from his car.......who nicks Volvos anyway

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yes, juvenile barbel, like juvenile tench, are so rarely caught.

I have always assumed it because both inhabit dense weed and feed on small organisms within the weed-bed

The areas I've found to be best for young barbel tend to be fast shallow gravely out runs of big deep pools and not necessarily that weedy, but maybe thats just my local river or me.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

The areas I've found to be best for young barbel tend to be fast shallow gravely out runs of big deep pools and not necessarily that weedy, but maybe thats just my local river or me.

I've had them mixed in with the average sized adult ones Brian in the normal glides. Funny though as when I have had one i've usually had another next trott as though there's been a shoal of them turned up. I've never had more than the two though which has always surprised me as I would have thought being so young that they would be naive and easy to catch.