Mozzie bites

Sportsman

It's the season of mossies and clegs (horseflies). After cutting the grass in just shorts I have a fine collection of bites.

I read somewhere that if a bite is itching then press a hot teaspoon on it and the itch stops. I had one yesetrday on the back of my leg that was giving me grief so I warmed up a teaspoon under the hot tap until I could just tolerate it and pressed it on the bite until the teaspoon cooled.

I didn't hold out much hope but I haven't felt it since and in appearance it has gone down from a big red inflamed area to a small dark pin prick.

Try at your own risk.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I react badly to horsefly bites.

I got bitten on the arm by a horsefly three weeks ago while I was cutting the grass. I caught it in the act and immediately washed it, wiped it with alcohol gel and then covered it in antihistamine cream and took a Piriton. It still itches like a bugger.

Immediately after;

D65350E4-1AB6-4002-882F-8A07DA6B1A27_zps

Next day the arm swelled up

D8D4903E-9785-4B6D-92D7-D77CFA549F02_zps

Two days later it had turned into a crop of water blisters;

117CEEAF-A1F8-44E0-ABC2-2BF8C1DA55E0_zps

Eight days later it had scabbed over;

A014ED91-BDAF-48A0-8AF6-7D7DD522C689_zps

Three weeks later, still itchy;

88B7911A-62AA-4EAF-9F3E-B0573318AE70_zps

I once got one on my hand on opening day, and I still had an itchy lump there 12 months later. I really hate horseflies.

I never go without long trousers and i rarely go out without a coat (not into manbags) mostly in the summer a fishing waistcoat (where would i put my keys and stuff?) and we have fly screens on both outside doors and windows so they have little chance of getting me .

Strangely we get bitten more by "houseflies" caught one yesterday giving a nip ,i presume because they cant get out they get thirsty or hungry and sample human ,they can bite you through socks or trousers if they get desperate.

I watched this one yesterday hit the window a few times then totally disappear when the newpaper was rolled then ten minutes later the bugger bit my toe in plain sight ,it did it once !!!!

I expect the cows behind us get the horsefly attention ,i saw a horse get bitten once and did it jump !!

As for mozzies i react with lumps ,i was sitting in a folding garden chair once and got bitten and felt around my back to dislodge it but my mrs saw it stuck with its bitie bit actually through the plastic material the back of the chair was made of ,its own hunger trapped it ,i obviasly bent its bit so it couldnt pull it back through the chair ,it did it once as well !!!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, you got stables anywhere near you? Stable flies bite and look just like house flies.

Could be this is horse country if anywhere is !

Half of surrey is unkempt fields knee high in ragwort ,brambles , nettles and horses the other half remove the ragwort!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thats him guv ,eyes to close together you cant trust them!

As good a fly as any without my glasses they all look the same

Tried it again on two bites and it worked on both.

Must be worth a try.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Easier than trying to hit the mozzies with the teaspoon i suppose ,those .177 slug pellets are useless too i prefer the larger bore ones that appear to have disappeared nowadays ,mini this mini that but never mini price !

We used to use one of those insect killing light things camping ,it loved frying mozzies but strangely the UV never attracted flies

Edited by chesters1