fishing baits

newtofishing

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

I'll move this topic to the Coarse section where more people will see it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The best universal bait is bread followed by worms ,not this sliced stuff over the years its changed to rubbish ,i use bread rolls and use a nice bit gently pinched onto the hook so it drops slowly down ,if its not taken the drop it will sit on the bottom waiting for the bottom feeders.

Worms being natural will take any fish ,maggots are ok but i find they mostly end up in little perch where they are a devil to unhook.

The factory made baits are widespread and cheap ,i find its the one i DONT have is the one working that day

Used to make my own groundbait but i rarely use it nowadays and a bag from the shop will last a season ,the stuff with ground hemp still seems to work

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

newto,

Trout pellets are several variations of fishmeal - that's the recipe. See if the package has the protein content. The more the better.

Phone

Edit: You can buy them as cheaply as you can make them.

Edited by Phone

I like cocktail baits,

One of my favourites is an 8mm pellet banded on a hair with a grain of sweetcorn on the size 14 Kamasan B911

Another is a method feeder bait with 2 grains of maize on a hair and as many maggots as I can cram onto the hook, all on a Guru QM1 size 10.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi went fishing the other day and had a great run on trout pellets does anybody know how to make them or any other good bait recipes

Trout pellets have been around for a good few years now, one of the problems with them is in colder months when the oil content is trapped so they become less attractive. Try scolding some in hot water and mould into a firm paste, very good hook bait in all weathers.

A good cocktail bait is a redworm tipped with caster, or bread and worm / or caster.