My First Decent Bream, Chub, Blue Perch, Help With Scales

FisherManDan50

Hi,So today I was Fishing with Corn as I saw 3 Bream swimming about so I put a piece of Corn on and it took it, I didn't have Scales with me so how much roughly do you think it weighs, I caught my First Chub yesterday, And I caught a Perch with a Blue Tint to it, Also cab you help me read these scales I know, Each of the bigger lines is 1lb but how do I know how much Oz Thanks.

IMG_20140727_084416_zps6me0otql.jpg

IMG_20140727_084229_zps0nfay6vb.jpg

IMG_20140727_084239_zpsvjp0plk3.jpg

IMG_20140727_084325_zpsepduothp.jpg

IMG_20140726_084429_zps9iflrmi6.jpg

IMG_20140726_083039_zpsexb2pttw.jpg

IMG_20140727_131647_zpsjr5gtx6u.jpg

Your scales are wrong for the fish you are catching as they weigh in 8oz increments up to 50lb. You need to get a set that weigh in ozs up to about 20lb, with a much larger face. Your scales look as if they are for weighing luggage !!

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

As said, not the best scales for coarse fishing, but nice bream. Around 4lb I would guess and yes what a blue perch. :thumbs:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

3-4lb depending on how big you/your net are! Perch often have a Blue tinge some even have a very unmistakeable blue patch on the throat. You need a set of Avon dial scales (32lb or 40lb) can grab them on Ebay cheap enough and for the smaller species don't bother with a weighing sling a good strong carrier bag (one of those with the re enforced handles) is far better/more accurate. (Suit shops often have good ones in and will let you have one )

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!