• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#11 Julian123

Julian123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

What an excellent game I have just been playing it for an hour or so.
I have got some codes for catching some Carp what do i need to do with these?

Adam

Send them to me at vcfcarp@btinternet.com - you may have won a discount with CostaCarping (Spain). Glad you like my game!

#12 KBONE

KBONE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:fishing gardening

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

Great game Julian, only trouble is I get loads of runs and when I press the key to strike the fish just keep going any ideas.
Ken.

#13 SpeciMan

SpeciMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

I had installation probs on my pc with this game. When it went to install it seems like something got caught in a loop and my pcs harddrive light showed continuous file activity. Afer 5mins of my drive wirring away I had to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then selected the program to shut it down.

My system is:

XP Home SP2
1gig RAM
Direct X 9c
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

#14 Julian123

Julian123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

Right firstly KBONE - when you get a run you should press 1 or 2 on your keyboard - does it not work? (make sure you use the main keyboard numbers NOT the number pad).
Secondly SpeciMan - after downloading my game you should find a zip file on your desktop. Right click on it and select Extract files - then click ok to create a new folder. Open that and double click on install (the application not the script file) to install the game.
Hope that helps guys.

#15 SpeciMan

SpeciMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

Thats a shame. I tried reintalling it again this time to the default program file directory in windows and it installed ok. However, when I started the program the CPU ran at 100% and the fan on my system remained high keeping things cool (something stuck in a loop?). I had to turn the power off on my system this time to turn it off (I couldnt use 'control + alt+ delete' and the shut down tab for some reason)... the program seems buggy at least on my system.
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

#16 Julian123

Julian123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

No that is quite normal - the game is a true Direct3D application which means that even though it runs in a window it will use 100% cpu power. In other words the game is indeed stuck in a loop just as all modern 3D games are. When the game is running it will use whatever power is available (actualy it does give 10 micro seconds every second back to the system so it is not quite a closed loop. You should be able to shut the game down by pressing escape.

#17 lilypad

lilypad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:An old fashioned Specimen Hunter. I might not catch a lot. But...........! Most of my fishing is long session.<br />I love talking fishing, it's a great way to learn. hence the Forum.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Version 2 is working great Well done!

#18 KBONE

KBONE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:fishing gardening

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Julian, I tried another key board and the game is working fine now.
Ken.

#19 zenith10

zenith10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:fishing, shooting, football, rugby, basketball, tennis, computers,

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

game's good, i like using the binoculars to look for fish

#20 rooney888

rooney888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Fishing - Lilco AC<br />Football - Manchester United<br />F1 - Ferrari

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

hey Julian, great game just wandering what is the largest fish on the game
the heaviest i got at the moment is a 46lb 4 oz mirror