3DCARP

Julian123

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may do - if you have DirectX9.

I have only tested the game on XP so I am not sure.

OK gozzer bear with me.....

There are a few things we can try - I need to know what 3D card you have and also I need you to test DirectX. OK – bear with me – click on Start (bottom left of your desktop)– then click on Run – a new window will appear, in the text box type “dxdiag” and click on OK – that will start the DirectX diagnostic tool. Wait a minute for the tool to settle down. Near the bottom of the screen you will see the current DirectX version – should be 9.0c. Now click on the Display tab at the top. The name of your graphics card is shown near the top left. Make sure the 3 options for acceleration are set to Enabled (if possible). Now click on Test Direct3D and let me know what happens.

OK gozzer bear with me.....

It's DavyR actually, but thanks for the response, Julian!

I've got DirectX version 9.0c, all 3 options for acceleration are enabled, my graphics controller is Intel ® 82865G and all the Direct3d tests were passed ok (spinning 3d DirectX cube appeared on screen).

What next? :)

Edited by DavyR

A bit more info that might be relevant - sorry, it's 3dcarp.exe (or the mini version) that gives the error message about encontering a problem and having to close, not Windows.

Before that occurs, Winzip gives a warning that no publisher digital signature has been identified and asks whether to continue or not (don't know how relevant that is).

Ah - that is the problem mate - you must unzip the ENTIRE folder before you can play the game!

Right click on the 3DCARP.zip folder and select Extract All - this will create a new folder. You can then delete the zip file. Open the new folder and run the game.

Edited by Julian123

• 2 months later...

Just to let you all know…

Soon I will have finished my 3DCARP game. It seems that another developer is also about to release a game with a VERY similar name – please note that my games are called 3DCARP and 3DCARP2 – this ‘other’ game is NOTHING to do with me – check the spelling carefully!

Thanks - Julian :)

Edited by Julian123

nice game m8 and do i send u pics of the fish i caught an unnamed mirror and a 33.1 ghost :D how do u name the fish?

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D