Guilty secrets.

ayjay

Best cheese out there?

Lancashire Black Bomb!

http://thecheesebomb.com/products/4562258542

Accept no substitutes!

At over £26 per kilo, it would need to be very, very special to get me to buy it.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Best cheese out there?

Lancashire Black Bomb!

http://thecheesebomb.com/products/4562258542

Accept no substitutes!

It's probably OK, I've never found a cheese I didn't like.

I made some cheese once; someone gave me a Spanish recipe, I'll do my best to reproduce it for you, from memory.

Cream cheese - anything will do, cow or goat, I used a mixture of the two, 4 oz. will do.

two or three cloves of garlic

A tablespoon of good olive oil

pound the garlic and then mix everything together

put it all into a terracotta pot and cover with muslin (or whatever is to hand)

store it somewhere cool for a few days - not the fridge - too cold.

Serve spread thinly on toast - when I say thin I mean really thin - imagine you are spreading Marmite for someone who doesn't like Marmite, any more will blow your taste buds away.

OK - so I wrote all that above from memory and then remembered that I'd put this up before, so after a search, here's the recipe in it's more original form.

Queso Viejo - (Old Cheese, in Spanish).

Take two tablespoons of soft sheep's cheese. Mash three cloves of garlic. Mix cheese and garlic with a spoon of (extra virgin) olive oil in a mortar and pestle until mushy. Put it in a little crockery container with a piece of linen on top secured with string. Leave it for two weeks in a cool dry cupboard. It goes hard-ish. Then eat it (tiny amounts, spread thin!) on small pieces of toast, or crackers or whatever, with a glass of good red wine.

Terracotta pot ,muslin ! Whats this the adventures of fanny craddock Frickin microwave is all you need ,chuck it in ten minutes at full eat it ,discover the tin had peach slices in , job done

You lot are as bad as my old boss ,drive 20 miles to some cave in provence ,sit round for a week until some sweaty foreigner chucked a load of sweaty cheese on a bit of marble ,spend hours drinking vinegar until something outrageously expensive turns up hidden under a sprig of bayleaf then spends five hours pretending to enjoy it intersperced with more vinegar and beer in tiny bottles then tipping the waitress (who never even had her tits showing) a weeks wages then sitting around on the pavement watching people walking by! Telling me how lucky i am being there .

For me 5 minutes knocking back a pernod under the marguis de sade's castle is 4 minutes wasted ,i wouldnt dream of eating out here he was lucky to get me out there but he was my boss after all

Food is something you need to live it holds nothing more for me

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Food is something you need to live it holds nothing more for me

We know.

it's quite sad really, from just about any viewpoint but yours.

A tin of luncheon meat is better than strawberries and cream at the savoy for me ,and i have eaten strawberries and cream at the savoy.if i get no pleasure eating food i sure as hell will get none spending hours cooking it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Food can be a pleasure as surely as anything else that inspires the senses!

You have no need to taste wine as a true connoisseur to appreciate a bottle that tastes good to you!

Even marmite on toast can taste superb if that is what you choose to enjoy!

Made myself some multi seed rolls this afternoon....for a pack lunch tomorrow! They will be filled with Brie, chorizo, Parma ham and possibly some beet root! And I can assure you I will savour each mouthful!

I did a Woodfordes Wherry kit a week or two ago (Cheap as chips in the Wilkinsons sale) and had a sneaky early pint tonight. Wow, that's a damn fine pint! I see what the fuss is about and at less than 50p a pint, I'll be doing some more.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.