Councillours on the Fisheries committees

Guest @Winter@

Guest @Winter@

Hi Glenn

We act as representatives of our respective councils.So I represent NYCC,which contributes a significant proportion of funding to the NESFC,which in turn looks after everyones interests along the coastline from Durham down to the Humber.But I am there to represent the people who I serve,ie you and eveyone in my county division.I do not follow any line or party,and am not subject to a'whip'.If you saw the report in the gazette, you would have noted my comments about the lack of representation from the angling fraternity,and how councillors like me know very little about fishing matters.I suppose there are those councillors who do take a narrow view and represent specific fishermen,ie commercial sectors.I do not.Hope that helps.

On a different note.I have had a number of emails from anglers about the east pier bridge.I have told them to get a petition going,and to contact you,if that's ok.I'l do all I can to help.I emailed John Riby at SBC for an update on the replacement and repairs of same.

Regards, Rob.

>>> "Topcat" 02/22/06 12:47pm >>>

Hi Rob,

Just been discussing on an internet forum the purpose of councillours on the

NESFC. I would like to ask you the question of who you actually represent on

the committee. DO you represent solely the council and have to tow the

council line on issues dealt with by nesfc, or do you represent the people

who voted you onto the council (ie. me and many others).

Kind regards - Glenn

Edited by @Winter@

Aht councillour Broadley from over at Whitby. Allways ont boil that gadge. Seems hes ont side oft hobbiests. Never trust a bloke wat lakes like Fred Elliot of ov Coronation Street.

Guest @Winter@

Hi Capt Haddock I think I recognise you by the email address. You had many fish lately ? Ive been mostly blanking in between trying to kill myself by falling down the cliffs.

Guest @Winter@

Bad one Skippy on Sunday night. Very lucky to be alive m8. Dont know what happened. Just hit the deck hard from about 20+ foot. Dead leg and a few aches and pains for me troubles. Complacency is your worst enemy.

Bad one Skippy on Sunday night. Very lucky to be alive m8. Dont know what happened. Just hit the deck hard from about 20+ foot. Dead leg and a few aches and pains for me troubles. Complacency is your worst enemy.

I thought i might have to put over my shoulder and carry him up. :o

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg