Councillours on the Fisheries committees

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_@Winter@_*

Guest_@Winter@_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi Glenn

We act as representatives of our respective councils.So I represent NYCC,which contributes a significant proportion of funding to the NESFC,which in turn looks after everyones interests along the coastline from Durham down to the Humber.But I am there to represent the people who I serve,ie you and eveyone in my county division.I do not follow any line or party,and am not subject to a'whip'.If you saw the report in the gazette, you would have noted my comments about the lack of representation from the angling fraternity,and how councillors like me know very little about fishing matters.I suppose there are those councillors who do take a narrow view and represent specific fishermen,ie commercial sectors.I do not.Hope that helps.
On a different note.I have had a number of emails from anglers about the east pier bridge.I have told them to get a petition going,and to contact you,if that's ok.I'l do all I can to help.I emailed John Riby at SBC for an update on the replacement and repairs of same.
Regards, Rob.

>>> "Topcat" 02/22/06 12:47pm >>>
Hi Rob,

Just been discussing on an internet forum the purpose of councillours on the
NESFC. I would like to ask you the question of who you actually represent on
the committee. DO you represent solely the council and have to tow the
council line on issues dealt with by nesfc, or do you represent the people
who voted you onto the council (ie. me and many others).

Kind regards - Glenn

Edited by @Winter@, 28 February 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#2 skippytheroo

skippytheroo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:23 PM

Sounds positive.......
Skippy

So many questions so little time....

#3 stavey

stavey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests:sea angling

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

Count youself lucky winter, mine on my sfc are all commercialy connected directly themselves or have family in the industry, like most of them in this country :wallbash: :wallbash:
I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

#4 Spragg

Spragg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Trout fishing<br /><br />Some sea fishing at Scarborough pier and north bay beachs.

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Aht councillour Broadley from over at Whitby. Allways ont boil that gadge. Seems hes ont side oft hobbiests. Never trust a bloke wat lakes like Fred Elliot of ov Coronation Street.

#5 Guest_CAPT HADDOCK_*

Guest_CAPT HADDOCK_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

KEEP IT UP MATE , I FOR ONE HAVE DRUMMED UP A FEW MORE SUPPORTERS WHO DID NOT KNOW OF YOUR EFFORTS ON BEHALF OF US.

#6 skippytheroo

skippytheroo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

This forum gets more confusing daily :P
Skippy

#7 Guest_@Winter@_*

Guest_@Winter@_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

Hi Capt Haddock I think I recognise you by the email address. You had many fish lately ? Ive been mostly blanking in between trying to kill myself by falling down the cliffs.

#8 skippytheroo

skippytheroo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

Hi Capt Haddock I think I recognise you by the email address. You had many fish lately ? Ive been mostly blanking in between trying to kill myself by falling down the cliffs.

Eek

You taken a tumble?
Skippy

#9 Guest_@Winter@_*

Guest_@Winter@_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Bad one Skippy on Sunday night. Very lucky to be alive m8. Dont know what happened. Just hit the deck hard from about 20+ foot. Dead leg and a few aches and pains for me troubles. Complacency is your worst enemy.

#10 big_cod

big_cod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts
  • Interests:fishing and ladies, Just love ladies.

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

Bad one Skippy on Sunday night. Very lucky to be alive m8. Dont know what happened. Just hit the deck hard from about 20+ foot. Dead leg and a few aches and pains for me troubles. Complacency is your worst enemy.

I thought i might have to put over my shoulder and carry him up. :o

Edited by big_cod, 01 March 2006 - 12:34 PM.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg