Devon/Dorset fish meet/match

richi

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zzippy, it was a great day out, best of all it started with a Tideline from Poole Angling Centre... which was nice. Lovely bit of kit. Don't like their rag though, nasty little buggers, fish didn't like them either :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Paintfly,

This is what I do re: photos-

First of all reduce them in size on whatever you use as a photo programme on your computer.

I use editor and reduce the pixels to 640 x 480.I then searched for a photo host site and used http://photobucket.com/ .You browse for your designated shots and then right click the mouse and copy the url no.

go to the reply or new thread and click on the framed tree symbol in the tool bar above-right click your mouse on paste and you should have the photo loaded.

On another subject I also struggled to break the cable tie once when the anchor got stuck fast.I was immediately above it in only 15' of water and was almost tipping the yak over in my attempt.I now use a plastic covered wire tie like you seem to get with all childrens toys nowadays, just a few turns to keep the chain to the head of the anchor apparently is enough.The good thing with this is that as you can re tie it you can experiment with the no. of turns beforehand.In a really strong tide it may not be enough,but if it's that strong maybe I shouldn't be there anyway?

Cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Well done to all. I really enjoyed it particularly meeting some other nutters. :crazy:

Richi, big thanks, well done. Bit like the Bacon and my finger for that matter. :cry:

Prowler city or what, 5 to 1, poor Yarak (I knew him well) came away with a complex.

Great day! :P:D:D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Zzippy, it was a great day out, best of all it started with a Tideline from Poole Angling Centre... which was nice. Lovely bit of kit. Don't like their rag though, nasty little buggers, fish didn't like them either :D

SM :)

Hiya SM

Glad you got the rod :thumbs: .Your going to have to tell me what the bite detection is like as I didnt get a bite on mine the other day :(

Are the rods still at £52 or £55 :blink: I cant remember

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

shirt7cp.th.jpg

A BIG THANKYOU to all who took part---to Darnsarf we'd have been lost without you Team Leader :thumbs: ,to StarvinMarvin it was great to meet and fish with our sports Hierarchy :thumbs: ,to Paintfly commendation on your taking to the sport like a duck to water (nearly literally :D ),to MoonYakker--good to meet someone who has as bad a memory as I have but a far superior fishing knowledge :clap: and to Shy Tangler the star of the day who had he landed his lovely Bass and photographed it would have won the Challenge :clap:

would also like to say a huge thanks to Musket who did more than his fair share getting this off the ground and Chuggs and Terry the other members of the Salcombe contingent----have posted the shirts Jon & Terry just waiting for Chuggs addy and I'll send his---ps have spoken to StarvinMarvin and he's running a Summer species hunt again so lets really support it this Summer and maybe we can bring the crown back over the border! :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

I've got a few more photos, but it seems I've exceeded my limit. Anyone know how I can get round that without removing /reducing the ones I put up? :unsure: (I tried starting a new thread, but it wasn't having any of it. :wallbash: )

I use photobucket a lot and as you can see from the link you can post a lot of photos for free

nwsa

It sounds like you all had a good day. I will have to come down next year for a meet

john

Richi, you're a good man to be sure....strategically placed forgotten items designed to engineer an excuse to meet and fish again.........o.k............just bloody forgetful! and will she wear a 120 mile trip to retrieve a cool box, probably not but thanks for everything, you worked hard and for that many of us are glad. Thankyou.

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

AND THE WINNERS ARE:---------Devon, individual and team champions---congratulations :bigemo_harabe_net-195::1a::clap3:

ps to Musket ----by over the border I meant the AAfloat species title held by the champ Snatcher----wonder how they are going with the Skate!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Can't think of any other way of doing this

2nd wrasse

Yak Armada

Hi paintfly! :)

Nice report :) I agree that anchoring should be a topic :)

I have only ever drift fished so far. I have tried my anchor trolley and seems ok but only in slow calm conditons. It is the only topic that concerns me and can find little about it on the net (i.e how much line to be out to allow a good margin, how to properly deploy the anchor and tie off etc) so would appreciate any advice about anchoring a yak :):):)

Nice report lads, keep landing them fish :yeah:

SDD :sun: