Devon/Dorset fish meet/match

richi

Portland Harbour would be another good venue. There may be windsurfers and sailboats out on that day but we'd probably fish around the perimeter of the harbour near the breakwater entrances and wrecks.
It is almost slap bang in the middle Speciman---very fair ----two months--I can't wait already!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So How many Essex boys are there, and what number from Devon and surounding area. It sounds all good fun and just what is needed to start the season. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

So happy at all your positive responses .I thought that as it was a bank holiday that the Sunday would be a better bet because us Hampshire boys will probably all have hangovers from celebrating and if it was on Monday we might have to miss the first day back at work---only joking :ph34r: Venue--well the suggestions are going quite well and as there are a few months to the date its best to let it go like that with all venue suggestions welcome---I'm sure given 2 months we can all come to some sort of agreement.Would like to thank Darnsarf cos I'm sure it was something that he mentioned in a post not long ago that put the idea to mind.Also I would like to add---whether it's a meet or an inter county challenge match it would be a great chance for everyone from this area to meet, you never know there might be an essex team?or a Welsh team -----who knows -----we've got plenty of time to plan and I like the way it's going already---who knows could turn out to be an annual event!hell we might even get press coverage!right I'm off before I get any more carried away!Once again thanks for the responses-I'm sure we'll have a meet to remember :clap:

I think it was mentioned in this post Richi :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=59794

zzippy2.gif

Sorry Zzippy I stand corrected great idea of yours tho mate well done :bigemo_harabe_net-195:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

What about Warbarrow (meaning, hill where watch was kept), great car parking, toilets, small hike to the water, just to keep Richi and Darnsarf happy and a nice easy launch away from the madding crowd, well apart from all the yachties who will be at anchor, but that's not a problem.

Was going to post a picture but the only one I could find had 8ft surf :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I reckon if that many yakkers fished Worbarrow some pretty decent specimens would turn up and I mean the fish!Darnsarf's fav spot he'd love it!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Hi Folks, mind if interlopers from up-north in Wiltshire Join you? This website is always good to have a browse for photos of the Dorset Coast and is pretty interesting too.

http://www.soton.ac.uk/~imw/worbar.htm

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Hi Moonyakker really sorry if it sounds as if we were alienating anyone-----it was never intended I am sure :thumbs: --obviously any yakfisherman where ever he may be from is very welcome---hope to see you there!

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1141320805_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1141320766_thumb.jpgWorbarrow looks nice---bear in mind everyone we're on springs that weekend Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Warbarrow looks like a great venue. Unfortunately i cant make any dates in May so will have to give this one a swerve. However us Essex boyz are planning a 3 day raid on that part of the coast, probably mid June. So i will be interested in how you all get on. The intention is to start at Ringstead bay and finish at Kimmeridge.