Rex tells the kids about fishing & conservation

Guest @Winter@

All of the tv pundits do catch and release before the cameras do they not! Rex on the odd occasion tells the whole world this one is for the barbie!

Mind you off camera I am sure a lot of those "stars" are administering the last rights :blink:

Getting back to the thread,the younguns have to be taught "the rules" Being an old tw1t I can think back to the 60s Angling Times photos - CARNAGE TO THE LIMIT every boat angler knee deep in dead fish and smiling :( I myself went with the flow. Remember one outing to Loch Maben in the 60,s Between us on the bus we must have "kept"20/30pike :angry:

Fick

Sorry team. Canny full now. Catch and release is the way to go. Just because my sister-in law "loves" fish I will take one only,pollack bass

Mackeral will take a few more cos they taste lovely :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

It's true that all our TV anglers release their fish for the cameras, but there's more to "safe guarding the future of our sport", as Rex would put it, than releasing your fish. I'm glad that Rex takes the odd fish for the barbie. There's nothing wrong with that as long as people use their loaves. But he also gives the odd little lecture about how important it is to look after the future of the sport/leaving something for the kids, etc, etc. Any time he's fishing in a protected area he makes sure he lets us know, he also makes sure we know how the fishery has been improved.

The long and short of it is, in my opinion, Rex Hunt is a true ambassador of the sport and the British anglers who earn money from fishing in front of a camera, are just earning money.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Thats fair comment Steve. Have to agree with everything you have said. Would exlude our dear Henry from that though.Love his shows,his angling is full of passion :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy