Yarak2

darnsarf

Its here.

Im setting myself a target of having her fully rigged by tomorrow. Not normally recommeded but as it a repeat of before with a few tweeks it should be achievable.

Its the Tunisian Model!! Paler in colour that the previous but as its the angler version it comes with flush mounts and a centre hatch but no drain plug :(

Positives are that most of the rigging points are screwed and not riveted and the smooth centre console that I intend to set up bungees to hold tackle boxes.

Thought I would post a before as she is now. In the raw so to speak and an after. May even try to post some in betweens. See how I get on.

In the Raw

post-6918-1142093614_thumb.jpg

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Darnsarf.

She looks luffly sitting there.

Be interesting to she your rigging progress, and it will be an insperation and help to others wanting to rig a Kayak.

The drain plug isnt a biggie, you can buy them at the chandlers, pice of pi$$ to fit them.

Looking forward to seeing the pics, good luck.

Dont forget the anesthetic before drilling her, no cruelty on this forum.

Bill.

Darnsarf.

I forgot to say........she is proberbly a bit pale after hearing what you did to her sister :schmoll::D:2:

Hi Paul so glad to hear that Yarak 2 seems O.K.It'll be Bog Pipe City in your garden tomorrow I suppose---If you need any well nuts just give me a call. :thumbs: I'll be rigging myself tomorrow but there's no way I'll be done in a day!Knowing our luck it'll probably be blowing a hoolie next weekend---Zzippy could be up for a mass launch too Paul.

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Good job Ive got an understanding wife Ive taken over the kitchen :nonono:

FIshfinder/GPS/Transducer etc first. Now wheres that Araldite Rapid and my big drill. Here Goes :g::crazy:

Finder/GPS fixed. Moved it off of the purpose moulded mount due to me being a short ....... I couldnt reach the old one without risking wetting the hat.

post-6918-1142107308_thumb.jpg

Used the old pool of Araldite Rapid to fix the transducer. The dam is made up of blue tac. Tape is just there to hold it in place whilst drying.

So far so good.

Next fix battery box. Done

post-6918-1142107442_thumb.jpg

Edited by darnsarf

Finished her 4 o'clock. You were right Bill drain plug was a doddle. I will post some photos later once batteries for camera have re-charged.

Highlight was seeing the anchor system come together.

Worst part was putting the Bog Pipe Special in and realising that the crate recess is just a tad smaller on this model but squeezed it in just.

She looks the biz now.

post-7370-1142192294_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1142192350_thumb.jpgfinished my anchor trolley today too .Swim noodles are in and noodle housing for transducer is fitted gonna wait till I've had a trip out before I fix the Scottys and fishfinder screen :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1142192294_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1142192350_thumb.jpgfinished my anchor trolley today too .Swim noodles are in and noodle housing for transducer is fitted gonna wait till I've had a trip out before I fix the Scottys and fishfinder screen :thumbs:

Gee whiz :)

You two arnt wasting much time.lol.I will start mine on wed.

BTW Rich.I like the sail kit standing next to your yak in the pic.I supose your going to fit that tomorrow :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

zzippy2.gif

No I've got to work tomorrow Zzippy :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5