Yarak2

darnsarf

This is the rear. Have used the redundant rudder post.

post-6918-1142201285_thumb.jpg

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better angle of the BPS and how it relates to the seating position. Again for real it would be swung further forward or at 90 degrees for trolling. Also added handles, paddle holder, centre console elastic to hold small tackle bits and anchor reel system.

post-6918-1142200873_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice Darnsarf, youve been busey :)

Really pleased to find that the anchor spool and cam cleat idea worked as planned. Nothing gets in the way but is easy to hand.

post-6918-1142201582_thumb.jpg

Few other bits and pieces but thats the main bits.

Hi Paul,I see I'm not the only one who's been spending big bucks lately----that's a very nice looking seat mate :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Richi, seat was only £40 from Bournmouth Canoes. Might help the back although to be honest SPTW's deep sitting position is pretty good anyway.

I suppose this is really the enforced second attempt so most is a repeat with a little bit of evolution of the original ideas. Wouldnt' normally do this this quick and would always advise everybody to have a few outings first.

Just hope I dont have to take it back once Ive tested it on the water. So whos up for a paddle next Saturday. Might even take a rod along :D

I'd be interested to hear if you can get any water through the center hatch due to seating position being so low... did you manage to keep the cockpit dry with scupper plugs on the last one? Due to availability I may not be able to get the standard scupper anytime soon so may opt for the anglers edition with center hatch if thats the case. Theres often water in the cockpit of my Caper I'm messy - I stop water coming through the center hatch on mine by putting a little teflon zipper lube on the thread of the hatch lid.. works a treat.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Just hope I dont have to take it back once Ive tested it on the water. So whos up for a paddle next Saturday. Might even take a rod along :D
15 MPH easterly forecast for Saturday :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph