Yarak2

darnsarf

Good luck tomorrow if you head out. Its pretty rough out there at the moment, the easterly wind is pushing right into Swanage Bay. I'd be interested to hear/see how calmer it is in lee of the Tout.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Speciman we bottled it. Didnt fancy the walk with the good chance we would not be able to launch. Richi has started a separate thread ref Keyhaven.

Just a note to anybody that may be thinking of copying Yarak2 anchor system. The system worked great, probably best I have seen. The spool sits in the flushmount and deploys line hands free. However, the spool in the pictures and featured on Anglersafloat has a centre handle made out of a hard sea float. Tests showed it worked great but the sea trials today showed that the float weakens when wet. Today it snapped so use the dowel method for the handle. :oops::wallbash::whistling:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Yarak 2post-7370-1142715914_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1142715957_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1142715992_thumb.jpggood to see you back on the water :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Darnsarf

How did the backrest work out - Did it make much difference? Your kayak looks a brighter yellow out on the water. Can't wait till I get my Scupper.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Richi its good to be back and thanks for the company. That Pheonix is turning into quite a machine. As you said the Caper would have been in reverse for most of the day given the wind.

Speciman, its a paler yellow than the one in two halves. But Richi says it looks better. I didnt realise it looks so low on the water......cool. They handle great, you can get drier rides but given what has been thrown at her to date at no time have i "had a moment". If it had been summer (warmer) I would have not hesitated to take her out for a play into that force 6 that was blowing on the other side of the shingle bank . Not that Im suggesting that that is a good idea for most but the point is I know the Yak could handle it no problems, the rest would be down to me. Richi in the P13 could handle any rescue!! :wheelchair::D

Do not go and play in a force 6! Its not big and its not clever. :thumbdown:

Ref the seat. Will stick with it but not that big a difference. Main advantage was that it provides 2 ideal anchor points for rod leashes when using bog pipe special and an additional pouch on back. Didnt provide any more back support than normal sitting position, bit kinder on the glutimus maximus.

Hi Darnsarf

How did the backrest work out - Did it make much difference? Your kayak looks a brighter yellow out on the water. Can't wait till I get my Scupper.

after seeing it go in 20mph winds yesterday you won't be dissapointed Speciman the yellow looks much better than the yellow of my old Caper somehow Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph