Conservation & Politics Forum?

Elton

Conservation & Politics Forum?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a separate forum for conservation & politics discussions?

• Yes
    • No

Poll as shown - simple yes or no required.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted, I am one of the two votes up there but I was wondering , can you identify which member cast their vote or do they just list as numbers or IP/E Mail addreses

All I get is what you see.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think that concervation matters should be on the main forum, if one doesnt want to read such material then its easy just dont look at it!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

:sun: YEP

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I think I need to put in this post just in order to gain some perspective for myself as to where I stand on this issue.

When I first joined this forum I must admit I found it slightly intimidating especially when seemingly innocent and informative posts were jumped on from a great height by certain members. I posted my feelings about that and stated the forum should be about more fishing related items, catch reports and so on.

Since then I have changed my mind...to a degree....

Other forums I belong to seem lifeless by comparison and days can go by before anything is posted nevermind a reply to your post. On AN it is never anything less than entertaining and thought provoking and although as I,ve said before its probably due to the fact I have time on my hands these days but I look forward to logging on and seeing whats going on. My comparison would be the House of Commons where bitter debate is the norm but think how dull it would be if everyone agreed and was nice to each other. At least subjects get a proper airing and debate and although I do not agree with all that occurs I will defend the right to free speech with my last breath.

Ok, thats my bit for a unified forum.....now for the downside.....Personal issues of dislike and private arguments about very local and parochial issues are not only mystifying but irritating and really should either be dealt with my PM or even a stand up fistfight in the street if thats what is needed. Although some of the rules in westminster seem to shelter the guilty ground rules exist such as nor being able to swear or call people liers. Maybe some new ground rules should be drawn up here

Lets keep together...I know from reading your posts that most on here share an abiding love for fishing..no matter what form it takes.. lets demonstrate that in our behavoir

There's no problem with conservation/politic issues in the sea-fishing board. It's the petty, personal bickering that goes on alledgedly connected with the issue being discussed. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out that 99% of the problem can be attributed to 1% of the forum users.

I agree with Sam, for me fishing, catching and conservation are all bound together.

If you catch an under size fish and release it that is part of conservation, if you blank and think it is down to poor management of fish stocks that is part of conservation.

I don't think it should be pushed to one side and should be addressed by every RSA.

I do however disagree with people hijacking unrelated thread and turning them into conservation topics. If you think there is a problem with an unrelated thread start a new topic to discuss its' political and conservation merits don't slag of the original poster just because you don't agree with his/her comments.

Got that off my chest :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I voted no for the simple reason that I think conservation and politics is just as important a part of sea angling these days as catch reports. Keeping fellow sea anglers around the country informed is so important and internet forums are the single best way to achieve it. I bet the commercial sector curse internet angling forums!

For years I always thought that the NFSA were fighting our corner and would be doing everything possible to improve and safeguard our sport. As long as I paid my money every year, I was doing my bit. WRONG!!! The trouble was, there was no way of finding out what was being done, or wasn't being done. I really wanted to know what our representative body was doing for me. (I found out one day that it was virtually nothing!!) Things have changed now though. Thanks to a some very hard working individuals like Leon, Tom, Malcom, Frank, Bob, Steve, John, to name but a few, things are now being done. Some of what is being achieved now is thanks, in part, to internet forums. Leon's SACN is gaining respect rapidly and has become another representative body for sea angling. That is thanks to Anglers Net, and Leon of course.

I think keeping conservation and politics in the forefront is good for our sport. I understand that some people find it boring, so do we all, but it is an essential part of our sport now whether we like it or not. If we went back to the times of nothing being done, people would soon have something more to moan about than a few political threads on a forum.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.