Poor mobile reception at home - an answer!

Steve Burke

Living in the sticks our mobile reception is very poor with lots of dropped calls and poor reception. Apparently it's the same here on all networks, with o2 being the best of a bad bunch.

We've found the answer with TuGo. This is an ap from o2 that enables us to make calls via wi-fi. It's available on Android, Apple and also for any computer running Windows 7. I've tried it on my laptop that runs 8.1 and it seems to work on that as well.

Now I can make and receive calls on my laptop or Peggy's Android phone with crystal clarity! What a difference!

What's more TuGo is free! It'll work anywhere you can connect to wi-fi, both here and abroad, so no roaming charges.

For those of you not on o2, 3 have just launched a similar product called Three In Touch. I've read of a few teething problems although I expect they'll soon be sorted. It also doesn't work on Windows 7/8. Apparently EE are planning to launch something similar, whereas with Vodafone you have to buy a piece of hardware costing £100!

I can't use ToGo on my phone as it isn't yet available on business tariffs. I'm planning to buy a Note 4 when it comes out shortly so if I stay with o2 I'll switch over to a consumer tariff then and install TuGo.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

getting really **** off with Vodafone I have to say!

Fakenham; my local town, where work is based, has 3g coverage for every major network except Vodafone! same with another couple of local locations! its abysmal!

call them and all you get is " we are rolling out 4g and so your 3g coverage should improve" bullCRAP!!!

end of contract im actually considering moving to EE after a considerable amount of time with Vodafone! 16+ years in fact!!!

time to tell them to stuff it methinks!!!

Voda phoned me up yesterday ,as a loyal payg customer they maybe able to offer me a better deal ,asked how much i used on my phone per month ,told them it was less than a tenner per year ,she agreed she couldnt better that and rang off

Strangely i rarely use my phone but the credit disapears all by itself ,not data charges its a blackberry so you have to give blackberry money to use the tinternet which i dont

People will soon realise when they buy their 4g phones they more that use it the more 3g it becomes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I just got the 3 app as I get pretty much no phone signal in my house (it's sometimes just about usable upstairs but nothing downstairs!). Hopefully this will solve that.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

getting really **** off with Vodafone I have to say!

Fakenham; my local town, where work is based, has 3g coverage for every major network except Vodafone! same with another couple of local locations! its abysmal!

call them and all you get is " we are rolling out 4g and so your 3g coverage should improve" bullCRAP!!!

end of contract im actually considering moving to EE after a considerable amount of time with Vodafone! 16+ years in fact!!!

time to tell them to stuff it methinks!!!

EE aint much better. Each day i get text messages saying "you have a missed call"

Didnt ring in the first place. To others it appears my phone is off despite havig full signal strength and this in glasgow city centre.

Sometimes ill get a message from a mate on facebook saying turn yer damn phone on, WHILE im on the phone.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

EE sick to death of the spammy texts about this deal, that option, this option, :shutup:

I am PAYG, maybe use a tenner in two months, all my fone is for is a very quick text, and an even shorter call. Hate the frigging things.

Best Indian voice, Hello sir, today I can offer you a fantastic deal with blah blah blah blah blah included. Bugger off I say, talk to the sodding wall.

Wont take no for an answer, HANG UP chum, solved.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

i dont get any texts and that one was my first

chesters1 tips for a quiet phone

dont have freinds

dont tell anyone your number

dont have wifi or internet use on your phone

switch off phone at home

if it rings when your out only answer if you know who it is

if you need to use it you have my sympathy ,my first job involved being on a switchboard i have devoted my life to avoiding any other phones

in my case if they want to speak to me personally make an apointment to stand at my front door if not email me

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i dont get any texts and that one was my first

chesters1 tips for a quiet phone

dont have freinds

dont tell anyone your number

dont have wifi or internet use on your phone

switch off phone

if it rings only answer if you know who it is

if you need to use it you have my sympathy ,my first job involved being on a switchboard i have devoted my life to avoiding any other phones

in my case if they want to speak to me personally make an apointment to stand at my front door if not email me

...or a more simple solution is to just go deaf - as I did about 15 years ago. Then you can't hear a phone (any phone) ring, far less understand which language is being spoken at the other end.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

that works well as well sometimes

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i96Z3KV_Q2ce

Edited by chesters1

We've just downloaded another similar free ap called BT Smart Talk. Apparently this will work on Android and iOS, but not on Windows computers. Additionally it doesn't seem to support incoming calls.

However it might be useful to those of you on EE or Vodafone in particular.

I'll report back when we've tested it properly.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net