The best pike fishing video ever.

Barry C

Wow!

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Thanks for that Barry ... after watching that, have to confess to downloading it for a better look later ... even managed to snag the subtitle file too!

Very true Anderoo

No-one ever died from handling a pike badly.

Standing up in small boat on the other hand..............

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Trouble is (and I suspect we are all guilty of it as I know I certainly am!) "familiarity breeds contempt"! the more experienced we become the more competent and therefore CONFIDENT we become! I sometimes (in fact quite often) stand in a boat when lure fishing, I always carry a life jacket but don't always wear it! well not in some situations any way. The experience teaches you when you should always wear one (although I agree that it can be argued that you should ALLWAYS) and human nature being what it is we do tend to have our own preferred, self imposed guidelines/rules. Of course back again to the "idiot factor" that's very much running through recent threads, maybe its just as wrong for me to say I don't always wear one as it is to show bad handling etc? working on the same premise that "Budgie does lots of piking and he don't always wear one" which could be adopted by those who don't have the experience/understanding to make an experience based decision? Due to this a lot of Pike pages/mags etc wont publish photos of anglers in boats not wearing life jackets.

Similar situation to why although still openly defending and promoting livebaiting and arguing against the validity of the application of section 30 constraints on livebaits wont publicly give information on the collecting/storing/transporting of such

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ah, that's the same experience that tells you when it's OK to use a flourocarbon leader, or when it's OK to kill and eat a fish, or whatever else...!

I think if there's a principle of legislating to the lowest common denominator it has to apply to everything, and particularly where human life is potentially put at risk...?

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music