Disgusted!

Sharkbyte

Hello Sam

I knew about them the first year they were found,

Do you think these fish should be protected? or do you think a free for all is ok?

I am not to sure it is a free for all, there is not that many boats at it , the weather must stop fishing at times at this time of year, I was told last year you need a local licence, if you were still commercial fishing what would you do if given the chance?

If there is a chance of earning some money through the winter months it's got to be looked at .

After all said and done nobody is doing any thing ilegal, even if the bmp was in force it would still be legal.

I don't think these fish should be protected just for one small group of stake holders ,bass anglers.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think these fish should be protected just for one small group of stake holders ,bass anglers.

Wurzel,

I don't think that Bass Anglers are a "small group of stakeholders". There are more than one or two of us and I reckon a darn sight more than commercial fishermen number.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Hello Peter

What about protecting them for everyone's benefit? All too often marks like this are fished out until there's nothing left worth bothering with. Looking at the pictures there with all those boats crammed into a very small area, can you imagine how you would feel if you were to turn up at one of your better bass marks to find all those boats there, or fishing and having them all turn up? It's obvious that the bass on that mark won't last long with that amount of effort. Then what? Look for another shoal to wipe out? Surely it would be better to put some measures in place to protect them?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hello Sam

I knew about them the first year they were found,

Do you think these fish should be protected? or do you think a free for all is ok?

I am not to sure it is a free for all, there is not that many boats at it , the weather must stop fishing at times at this time of year, I was told last year you need a local licence, if you were still commercial fishing what would you do if given the chance?

If there is a chance of earning some money through the winter months it's got to be looked at .

After all said and done nobody is doing any thing ilegal, even if the bmp was in force it would still be legal.

When I worked for Nicky we were always looking for ways to find fish to earn money, and yes I have earnt money lots of it at times from commercial fishing. But I do now have regrets, not from the offshore work we did, but from the inshore work we did way up streem on the River Blackwater.

So as I think now to answer your question no I wouldnt target them, but as I thought then well yes proberbly I would.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Come on Stoaty, get real. These people you talk about have to spend all their time working or looking after sick relatives, yet they can spend time bitching on here about anything they don't agree with? They can't afford a phone, but they can afford a computer and an ISP? Sorry mate, you have just given lame excuses for those that in truth, just can't be bothered. Nothing more.

My grand daughter has leukemia, I'll spend as much time as I can with her till I can't spend anymore. This is no lame excuse. A lot of ordinary people just don't have the time to "get off their backside" So you understand why I hate this phrase the whipping boys use.

My grand daughter has leukemia, I'll spend as much time as I can with her till I can't spend anymore. This is no lame excuse. A lot of ordinary people just don't have the time to "get off their backside" So you understand why I hate this phrase the whipping boys use.

Oh ****. Don't I feel the **** now. I'm very sorry stoaty.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I reckon a darn sight more than commercial fishermen number.

yes but the commercial fishermen arn't trying to stop you are they?

I wish they weren't!! Then we would have protection for the fish by now.

... I was told last year you need a local licence, if you were still commercial fishing what would you do if given the chance?

Quote from the Guernsey Sea Fisheries Committee:

"In accordance with The Sea Fish Licensing (Guernsey) Ordinance 2003,and similar legislation in Sark and Alderney, British fishing boats are prohibited from fishing within British Fishery Limits adjacent to the Bailiwick of Guernsey, unless authorised by a licence.

Licences are administered by the Sea Fisheries Section of the Commerce and Employment Department, and may be issued to holders of valid licence entitlements and upon application to the owners of UK registered vessels that hold full DEFRA licences. Vessels of over 17 metres registered overall length and 373 kilowatts (500 Horsepower) will not be licensed. This restriction has been introduced on conservation grounds and reflects the type of controls exercised by many Sea Fisheries Committees around the coast of the United Kingdom."

This restriction has been introduced on conservation grounds and reflects the type of controls exercised by many Sea Fisheries Committees around the coast of the United Kingdom."

So what are you all worried about?

Hello steve

What about protecting them for everyone's benefit

This is what we have been trying to discuss, but it is very hard to agree on what measures .

basicaly you all want the bass as a sport fish only, which I could never agree to .

It's obvious that the bass on that mark won't last long with that amount of effort.

25 years ago we said exacly the same about the French pair teams, they have not had much effect on the stocks as yet, and if you imposed a close season would it apply to them as well ?

As a matter of interest, we caught a bass to day 37 cm, I reckon the roe that was fit to burst wieghed more than over half the weight of the fish. Two things here, one it was a lot less than 45 cm and second why was it about to drop it's roe this early?, We had two other fish both over 45 cm and both had roes that had a couple of months to go before being ripe, which is normal for this area, but when it comes to bass I don't know what is normal any more.

I fish to live and live to fish.