mounting a garmin 140 on a P13.

musket

Hi Dingle,

I have the 140 and it uses the same transducer and it can be used as a shoot through :),as to the front kicking up it isn't that much and if you put in a good amount of epoxy inside your well it will cover it easily,you put a weight on the transducer or stick it down with duct tape so the bottom of the transducer is nearly touching the hull anyway.The rest of the epoxy rides up the sides .I installed it as in the Anglersafloat epoxy version

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakProject_Fishfinder.html and have been very pleased with the way it has functioned so far. If I was to do it again however I may research the idea of bedding it on marine silicon as some others on here have .I did use silicon to bed a tupperware container in the hull to house the battery.Time will tell how good these different methods are.

Good luck,

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got round to mounting my fishfinder on my Tarpon yesterday, a cuda 128. After much deliberation I used the idea on here to fix it into the cup holder.

I decided to use a 1' x 3' peice of wood which I turned out using a jigsaw and run it down using my drill as a lathe. Pictures below I hope.

Now all I have to do is find a battery to fit under the cokpit console.

throwback018.jpg

throwback019.jpg

throwback021.jpg

throwback024.jpg

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I