Didn't today feel like a good perching day?

Rusty

All day I've been indoors thinking I really should forget the rain and get out for a late afternoon perching session. I didn't but one Internet Angling Club member did and he's just reported a 3-15.

I could kick myself for not bothering.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

It did didn't it? I love overcast days for perch, even when it's raining.

In my younger days I happily fished without an umbrella but these days I use my Relum Brotel. A friend has just kindly given me a Korum Day Shelter that is even better, though a little heavier.

I've managed only a few hours perching this year. These were at the end of 2 day sessions after bream and tench. If the conditions are right I perch fish on the last morning as I'm unlikely to scare the spooky bream then as they're almost entirely nocturnal.

The first trip I had perch to 2-14. On the second I got excited as I had huge liners fishing just a couple of rod lengths out. Bream! And being Wingham a potential record. Despite being full daylight the liners went on for over an hour. If you strike at one it's goodbye bream. At last the line flew out; a proper bite at last! It fought hard and it's the first time I've ever been disappointed to catch a 3lb+ perch! I had no more liners after that but did manage 1 other fish, another 3lb stripey.

They'll be no fishing for me for a while though as for some time I've had a trapped nerve in my neck caused by too much work out in the boat. I did another work party yesterday against medical advice so I'll still be trying to sleep sat up. I've got work parties both days of the next 2 weekends so no hope of fishing before then as it might mean cancelling the work.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It did didn't it? I love overcast days for perch, even when it's raining.

In my younger days I happily fished without an umbrella but these days I use my Relum Brotel. A friend has just kindly given me a Korum Day Shelter that is even better, though a little heavier.

I've managed only a few hours perching this year. These were at the end of 2 day sessions after bream and tench. If the conditions are right I perch fish on the last morning as I'm unlikely to scare the spooky bream then as they're almost entirely nocturnal.

The first trip I had perch to 2-14. On the second I got excited as I had huge liners fishing just a couple of rod lengths out. Bream! And being Wingham a potential record. Despite being full daylight the liners went on for over an hour. If you strike at one it's goodbye bream. At last the line flew out; a proper bite at last! It fought hard and it's the first time I've ever been disappointed to catch a 3lb+ perch! I had no more liners after that but did manage 1 other fish, another 3lb stripey.

They'll be no fishing for me for a while though as for some time I've had a trapped nerve in my neck caused by too much work out in the boat. I did another work party yesterday against medical advice so I'll still be trying to sleep sat up. I've got work parties both days of the next 2 weekends so no hope of fishing before then as it might mean cancelling the work.

Ooh, exciting, was it in the same area as where I had them at the fish-in? They were very close in too. Have any been caught this year?

Knowing that those bream are in your swim has to be the ultimate excitement...!

Still, that's some fantastic perch fishing, not a bad consolation :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

No, it was Brambles where I've had both line bites and caught bream before.

There's been no bream caught this year or last, but then almost no one is fishing for them.

As you know Autumn is a good time for bream. Hopefully I'll be able to have a session or two in October but I'm still out of action at the moment.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net