18 replies to this topic

#11 five bellies

five bellies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • Interests:Sea &Fly fishing, Shooting,Ferreting,Eating

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

Dip them in cooking oil for a few minutes, they wont be able to breath and die ;)

Or you could do that! :) :) :)
Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

#12 skye

skye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

Or you could do that! :) :) :)

FUNNY GUY ARE YOU NAMED FIVE BELLIES FOR A REASON :lol: :rolleyes:

#13 Paul_D

Paul_D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Interests:Would one day love to become an accomplished 'all-round angler' but am struggling on the steep part of the learning curve right now.<br /><br />I enjoy my fly tying, just wish the kids would give me some peace when I start......<br /><br />Leicester City FC, Bullmastiffs, Landrovers.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:35 AM

I bought a nice cape at a reduced price from Steve Parton (Sparton tackle) when he did a recent demonstration for our FDG branch. I've had a look at his site and he doesn't have any listed there but it might be worth giving him a ring.
Paul

#14 five bellies

five bellies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • Interests:Sea &amp;Fly fishing, Shooting,Ferreting,Eating

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

FUNNY GUY ARE YOU NAMED FIVE BELLIES FOR A REASON :lol: :rolleyes:

Maybe :P :) :) :)
Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

#15 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Interests:Angling,Shooting,Drinking,Darts,Tying fishing flies/lures,Weigh training,following NUFC football club,more drinking

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY DECENT JUNGLE COCK I CAN BUY I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY GETTING IT DUE TO THE BIRD FLU.

CHEERS
GUS.

Thought I had a cape in the garage from about 25/30 years ago. I had and the moths found it :(

I take it you fish for pollack? Giz an addy and will send a few Snatcher "2006 Specials" for you to try out and then immediately immatate. :)

They win hands over feet against jellytails. Will even tell you where to get cheaper lureflash material :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend
HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

#16 skye

skye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

Thought I had a cape in the garage from about 25/30 years ago. I had and the moths found it :(

I take it you fish for pollack? Giz an addy and will send a few Snatcher "2006 Specials" for you to try out and then immediately immatate. :)

They win hands over feet against jellytails. Will even tell you where to get cheaper lureflash material :)

cheers mate

any cheaper material is always appreciated, just finishing an order for kola flies to be sent to alaska. this fly tying is getting out of hand i cant get time to fish myself.

gus.

#17 Snatcher

Snatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Interests:Angling,Shooting,Drinking,Darts,Tying fishing flies/lures,Weigh training,following NUFC football club,more drinking

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:54 AM

cheers mate

any cheaper material is always appreciated, just finishing an order for kola flies to be sent to alaska. this fly tying is getting out of hand i cant get time to fish myself.

gus.

Tell me about it :) I basically tie for fun at the moment. Just make a small profit if any on each venture.If I actually sat down anb worked it out probably make a loss on the whole deal. Like I say its only a hobby at the mo and I am one of lifes good guys,a dying breed mate.

Anyway my next order is tying up some marlin tube flies for a certain mad Scottish gent :headhurt:

Will post up a picture when they are finished.

Try troutfishing.co.uk for cheaper gear :) Giz an addy as well and will bung a few sample Snatcher 2006 sandeels your way

Tight lines :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend
HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

#18 Elton

Elton

Site Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,429 posts
  • Interests:fishing, internet, cars, my dog

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quite a few on Ebay now:

http://www.anglersne...rch/jungle-cock

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for Dragon Carp Direct, one of the cheapest tackle shops anywhere.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

#19 Colin Brett

Colin Brett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

hi mate thanks for this but i have bought capes from ebay in the past and they were infected with mites.

cheers anyway

gus.

Seal in a plastic bag and freeze for a couple of weeks. -19C usually does the trick!

I used to get some capes from Ireland but they were stopped from being imported into the EU.