Peace Talks

The funny thing is leon in whitby at sometime over the years a lot of commercial fishermen have been involved working in the charter buisness during the 60ss ,70ss and even the eighties commercial fishermen would do chartering as well as fish commercial they did both usually during the summer months it was a way of earning a few extra quid but hense this is now not the case ,but a couple did mention to me only recently they might be intersted in doing it again .

I think in years to come things will go a full circle charter angling will be a massive thing once again in whitby,it still is and always will be the top cod port in the country because of the deep water close at hand and many wrecks and tremendous reefs which we have here.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Several commercial fishermen attended the Chacewater meeting together with dozens of anglers from across Cornwall.

The consensus of the meeting was that both sectors depend on the common resource of fish stocks around the coast and deep down everyone knows that unless they are restored and protected, both sea angling and commercial fishing will wither away with serious job losses in both sectors.

Not exactly a startling conclusion but how come so much energy is burnt on this forum waffling on about wether or not such and such a technique was used in the past by such and such a group - it strikes me like fiddling whilst Rome burns - the resource issues are here now, only actions taken now and in the future will affect them.

I believe all the acrimonius stuff on this forum is preventing members of this forum from raising innovative proposals / points for discussion.

Not exactly a startling conclusion but how come so much energy is burnt on this forum waffling on about wether or not such and such a technique was used in the past by such and such a group - it strikes me like fiddling whilst Rome burns - the resource issues are here now, only actions taken now and in the future will affect them.

I believe all the acrimonius stuff on this forum is preventing members of this forum from raising innovative proposals / points for discussion.

I would say that your absolutely spot on Seaside. I think a lot of people, myself included, have opinions, but, through fear of being made to look daft, and talked down to, keep those opinions to themselves.

Well said mate

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

I would say that your absolutely spot on Seaside. I think a lot of people, myself included, have opinions, but, through fear of being made to look daft, and talked down to, keep those opinions to themselves.

Well said mate

Scotty

DITTO

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

But its always been that way here...its a bit like going to a small community and not being accepted for the next 30 years...until you have 1000+ posts and agree with the elite ( you know who you are) you will be shot down and possibly ignored. I have never encountered such a clique on a forum before. I belong to a citroen enthusiasts forum and the contrast is immense. Helpful, understanding, even when you ask stupid questions. As to why it is like this I have no clue

This old chestnut again, maybe one day. I mean hey we all like Wurzel.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

This old chestnut again, maybe one day. I mean hey we all like Wurzel.

There you go - none of what I said was specifically aimed at Wurzel, or anyone else for that matter, but your response highlights exactly the attitude so clearly expressed above by zziplexboy.

You dislike it intensely if someone disses your posts, yet here you are trying to waft up the flames and create an unecessary argument.

I'd like to see this site move away from blinders, kill off all commercials, RSA only etc and recognise ALL sectors depend on the common resource of fish stocks and given the past plus global warming plus whatever else, creative not negative, thinking is required - this forum COULD be the catalyst for major change.

Im not trying to waft anyones flames mate, I do like Wurzel, I have fished with the guy and if all commercial fisherman had his views the would be more fish for us anglers!

I WASNT TRYING TO MAKE TROUBLE IN ANY WAY PEACE MAN!

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!