Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

err thats because fishing in the marinas is banned. you would get moved on whether you had a licence or not.

just wondered why you think you can go to somebody elses country and regard their laws as "optional" thats all.

i often read people on these forums complaining about people fishing illegally in uk waters,why is it different for uk residents, when they fish in other peoples?

Er capitano cojones we dont have licenses for sea fishing here mi amigo............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er capitano cojones we dont have licenses for sea fishing here mi amigo............

err stavey geddon!!!! we were talking in general, as in, where they are required by law.

Edited by captain cojones

All I can say is its fortunate you were only dealing with the Policia Local. If you had been dealing with the Guardia on a bad day and things could have been very different.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Saw the Guardia on a big boat went straight passed us didn't bat an eyelid. Anyway I thought you said you fish the marinas where you are in Spain Dave? Don't you think thats a bit hypocritical if your not supposed to fish in them you are surely still breaking the law?

Am sure there are alot worse crimes that Brits get up to on Holiday than just fishing in a marina?

Dave said:

"just to tip you off that fishing INSIDE of harbours and marinas is prohibited here. has been for a couple of years. you can normally fish on the outside(seaward edges) of breakwaters, with no problem.

you MAY see people fishing in the ports, but they could be holidaymakers who don’t know that the fine if caught averages 300€!

also sea angling is licensed in Spain, each autonomous region, having its own rules, fees, and size limits!"

I can never remember him saying he fished in Marinas, If you feel comfortable with breaking the law in other peoples country Sean then do it but don't come on here complaining when other nationalities do it here in the UK.

Ps The Guardia to look out for are the ones in the 4x4 vehicles; the lot in the big boats already have their hands full watching for drug and people trafficking.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Dave said:

"just to tip you off that fishing INSIDE of harbours and marinas is prohibited here. has been for a couple of years. you can normally fish on the outside(seaward edges) of breakwaters, with no problem.

you MAY see people fishing in the ports, but they could be holidaymakers who don’t know that the fine if caught averages 300€!

also sea angling is licensed in Spain, each autonomous region, having its own rules, fees, and size limits!"

I can never remember him saying he fished in Marinas, If you feel comfortable with breaking the law in other peoples country Sean then do it but don't come on here complaining when other nationalities do it here in the UK.

Ps The Guardia to look out for are the ones in the 4x4 vehicles; the lot in the big boats already have their hands full watching for drug and people trafficking.

As I said before we did do a bit of a wreckie of the place before we fished and spoke to people who fish the marina all the time before we even attempted to fish just to know the score. I think it does depend on what region you are as to how they are about fishing. Where we were they really didn't seem that concerned but I know further down the coast they are alot more serious about it.

This is why I picked this spot because I know we wouldn't much trouble because I had fished there before with no problems! Alan the old man is always getting moved on (usually once every 4-8 weeks) but still fishes it with no problems. Things may change in the future but for now it seems fine and as long as youu don't argue with officials there doesn't seem to be a problem with it.

You did say yourself that different regions have different rules prehaps here it is different to where you are? Or they just aren't so worried about it in this particular port?

All I know is I'll be back next year! and even if it costs me 300 euros in fines it will be money well spent in my opinion!

Nice fishing Sean

Just as well Weymouth is not like that, you would be bored senseless after a few weeks!

I'm back after my autumn Barbel with the odd winter Carp session when the temperture lifts.

Cheers

Andrew Boyd

Nice fishing Sean

Just as well Weymouth is not like that, you would be bored senseless after a few weeks!

I'm back after my autumn Barbel with the odd winter Carp session when the temperture lifts.

Cheers

[/quote

Yes Andy! You & Dave will have to come next year it was brillant!