Bass MLS Decision Timescale

Bluddy hell, why the **** do we put up with these dickheads called polititions? if they were not to busy having affairs with rent boys or arranging wedding plans to marry there gay partners they just might do something worthwhile? gawd help us, we need a peoples revolution to kick there arses out of parliment and replace them with proper people, ***** the lot of them.................

Riotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :lol:

I need to know what nets to order.

Fish nets :rolleyes:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluddy hell, why the **** do we put up with these dickheads called polititions? if they were not to busy having affairs with rent boys or arranging wedding plans to marry there gay partners they just might do something worthwhile? gawd help us, we need a peoples revolution to kick there arses out of parliment and replace them with proper people, ***** the lot of them.................

Get in there Stavey, power to the people!

I agree entirely, these people need a boot up the place where the sun don't shine53dj.gif36_1_30.gifhuelga3wl.gif

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wurzel, I would buy the 110mil nets mate, I would hate for you to layout all that money only to have to go and replace all your gear!

At least you would only catch half decent fish.

If this was a decision to put taxes up on fual it wouldnt take as ruddy long! I belive the pollerticians dont really give a toss about our fishing or the extra money for the econermy that better sized bass could generated by angling!

How about we all take our boats up the Thames and raft up across it out side parliment, this would block the Thames, we could have a fishing comp at the same time and tackle/ bait supliers could put up prizes.

Once the Thames had been blocked we could call the Sun news paper, this might grab their attention!!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

The point is that if this had been brought in earlyer then the 2002 fish would of had some protection. As it is the commercial bass fishing will be starting any week now just as the 2002 fish are reaching 36cm, so yes it could well be to late!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Early summer is when they intend to announce a decision (and remember that could be option 1 - Do Nothing!)

There is no timescale given as to when any measures decided upon are to be implemented.

Meanwhile the abundant 2002 year class, that the mls restrictions were meant to protect (there is a raft of cohesive measures being considered, the mls was just one - bought forward ahead of the others), are becoming vulnerable at 36cm, and no doubt fishermen knowing that they may not be allowed to catch fish under 45cm soon, will be making the most of the opportunity to take what they can now.

That wouldn't be so bad if following year classes were good, but the information that I have is that the 2003 year class is 'reasonable' (but no where near as large as the 2002 cohort), but the 2004 and 2005 classes are poor.

On top of that we don't know what damage has been done to the juveniles by the recent long and harsh winter.

So, the chance of building a good robust population of bass by protecting the 2002 year class, and ensuring that they all get the chance to spawn, is slipping away fast, and there are not the following year classes to offer the same kind of opportunity.

(Even if the 2006 year class proved exceptional, it would be many years before we would see the benefit)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Did you read the thread on libel and slander!!!

Did not need to dan, merely stating from there own self admissions thats all! nothing slanderous about that i dont think?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

If the nicking at West Mersea was anything to go by then what Steve says could well be tragicly true!

The day that the commercial fisherman take off the rose coloured glasses and/or start to admit the truth about ALL over fishing will be the day I will take my hat of to them.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

• 4 weeks later...

There I was enjoying the Garden when who should walk past but one Mr Bradshaw!! ...... out on the campaign trail, I exlained that my vote was dependant on an early decision and implementation of the BMP! which of course he gave! In fairness to him he was aware of the issues and could talk easily on the subject, he finished off by saying "you are right, we have to make the decision (on implimentation) quickly"

Anyway I doubt my few words on the doorstep will be remembered or make a difference but the more of us that do tell him the better the odds are.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com