Locslide floats

I have been looking on the internet at these this afternoon and just wondering what people think of them, are they any good?

It does not actually say on the website how much weight you need to cock them :( (http://www.floatsonline.com/premier_locslide_floats.html)

any info much appreciated

JPL

Cheers

JPL

It's not weight that cocks them but the friction on the line when you tighten up. The weight is used soley to anchor your gear to the bottom and pull line through the float. How much weight to use is determined by how big the float is and weather conditions on the day. The more wind there is or the more tow there is requires a bigger weight. Good floats though.

I have been looking on the internet at these this afternoon and just wondering what people think of them, are they any good?

It does not actually say on the website how much weight you need to cock them :( (http://www.floatsonline.com/premier_locslide_floats.html)

any info much appreciated

JPL

That link is not working but Here you go.

As for the locslide floats- they are designed to be fished in conjunction with a ledger or feeder in deep swims. The idea is to cast out and when the feeder/ledger hits the water leave your line slack and the weight of the feeder/ledger will pull the line through the sliding device at the base of the float. When the feeder/ledger hits bottem the float will lay flat on the surface. Now you sink the line under the surface and place your rod on the rest, slowly tighten down untill you have the required amount of float showing on the surface. I have only used these a couple of time with limited success. I prefer to use a traditional sliding waggler in swims that are too deep to fish with standard float tackle, ie. a swim that is deeper than your rod.

Hope that helps.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Do you have to keep slackening your line when bringing in a fish with these floats, to stop them snagging on end ring?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Do you have to keep slackening your line when bringing in a fish with these floats, to stop them snagging on end ring?

When the float gets near the tip ring the line will pull through with no problems. What I tend to do is pull the line down from the first ring(nearest the reel) down towards you and slowley away thus pulling the float down the line a couple of feet at a time.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

When the float gets near the tip ring the line will pull through with no problems. What I tend to do is pull the line down from the first ring(nearest the reel) down towards you and slowley away thus pulling the float down the line a couple of feet at a time.

Ant

Doesn't that make landing a decent fish awkward, and make you more likely to lose it?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Could I use swan shot as a ledger weight to hold my bait on the bottom, or would this not be enough weight?

Wouldn't have thought so. I have a few Polaris floats and they're quite buoyant, and take a bit of pinning down during the tightening-up phase. Also - any tow on your lake may be enough to dislodge a swan shot, and such a small weight may also take a long time to reach bottom.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Doesn't that make landing a decent fish awkward, and make you more likely to lose it?

I never experienced any problems when I did this. Its just something you have to get used to. As long as you dont let go of the line when you have pulled the float down you should be ok. Just try and keep things as smooth as possible and you should be ok.

This was just my way of doing it, I don't see any problems with reeling the line through the float as long as you take yout time.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!