Solution anyone?, commercial response

As you say Wurzel, bass have increased in numbers and rang with fish now being caught as far north as Norway. But few are alowed to increase in size as they are at present creamed off at 36cm.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sam

By the look of the quotas I am allowed to catch this year, bass is the only fish I am allowed to catch in sufficient quantities to earn a living legally, I should imagine several others will have to target bass much more this year. It is looking like the 2001 year class is going to be our saviour for next few years.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I dout it will substain you all for several years Wurzel, its a pitty that there aint just one boat per estuary!

I was thinking (I expect you could hear the grinding noise) maybe we should only keep small bass and let all bass over 3lb go as good breeding stock, as if your a pig farmer you wouldnt kill your stud and sow pig you would kill the young ones.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hello Sam

dout it will substain you all for several years Wurzel, its a pitty that there aint just one boat per estuary!

Why will it not, the 76 year did , 2001 is 10 times bigger and there are a lot less boats.

Got no choice.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• 2 weeks later...
I dout it will substain you all for several years Wurzel, its a pitty that there aint just one boat per estuary!

I was thinking (I expect you could hear the grinding noise) maybe we should only keep small bass and let all bass over 3lb go as good breeding stock, as if your a pig farmer you wouldnt kill your stud and sow pig you would kill the young ones.

that might make sense at the end of the day just hard to police

as for round Haddock and Whiting The factorys like them for their automated Finning/Filleting machines It just takes 1 operator to load the fish head first and clean fillets come out at the other end