Further tales of Yarak 2 and the Pheonix

richi

post-7370-1143916656_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1143916593_thumb.jpg Me and Darnsarf caught our first Bass of the year on the Hamble river near Bursledon.

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have worn a HAT! Ive got sunburnt.

Good day if not windy but its good to find these poor weather spots and add them to the list. Day session over high brought us 3 small bass best of about a pound. But main benefit was to id some good potential flattie and bass marks for later in the year.

Was the first time I had used the GPS side of the FF/GPS unit. Literally got me back to the slip way just on instruments, very impressed. This is a great safety feature for night sessions and that fog bank that can roll in. Just takes a bit of getting used to but well worth the effort and practice.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

post-7370-1144000948_thumb.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

NIce Yak! Shame about the owner...........thought Id get that in before anybody else. :D

Looks like you picked the right spot, was wind watching all weekend and decided it would be madness, you proved me wrong, where did you launch from?

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

It's good enough for the depths I fish Kelvin,what I really like is the small size and the lightness of the battery packpost-7370-1144085885_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1144085929_thumb.jpgbattery pack photos to follow. Starvin we launched at Swanwick Shore Road ----there's free parking and a public slipway there-----coming from Portsmouth side it's the left turn just past the Ship Inn-just before Moody's. :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

post-7370-1144086303_thumb.jpgpost-7370-1144086342_thumb.jpg :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

SM it was madness, generally, but decided that with all the waters around us we should be able to find different sheltered marks for different wind conditions. This one has been added to the library. Got some real Bass/Flattie potential. Wouldnt mind betting there will be Mullet as well. Thats one I intend to add to the float caught list this year.

The Bass were a bonus. It was actually so pleasent we stayed out longer than planned. Really did get sunburnt. :sun:

Planning a trip next weekend if you are interested. Just not sure where until the weather forcast is a bit more predictable.