Further tales of Yarak 2 and the Pheonix

richi

ermmm this cant be happening......decent weather! If the forcast stays the same an afternoon Lulworth launch Warbarrow evening session could be on the cards.........ooops Ive said it now!:D

CONGER>>>>>CONGER>>>>>>>>>CONGER! Im owed one!

Does anybody know if they are still locking the Warbarrow gate on Saturday night to stop the raves? :drunk::nono::busted_cop:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so P from what I've heard elsewhere try this number 01929462721ext4819 did you say CONGER :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

ermmm this cant be happening......decent weather! If the forcast stays the same an afternoon Lulworth launch Warbarrow evening session could be on the cards.........ooops Ive said it now!:D

CONGER>>>>>CONGER>>>>>>>>>CONGER! Im owed one!

Does anybody know if they are still locking the Warbarrow gate on Saturday night to stop the raves? :drunk::nono::busted_cop:

Count me IN for THAT !!

How do I rig up ? Ill go shopping :)

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Phooey. Buy a couple of ready made conger/tope rigs and some wire cutters. (just in case, will explain when I see you ;) )

Pack of 3/0 hooks along with what you already have and maybe an 8" boom rig or 2 and some bait elastic.

On the hit list will be Pollock, Bass, Wrasse and maybe if we are really lucky a conger or given this build up a record BLANK!

Baits: Squid (Conger + misc), few Rag (Wrasse) and a packet of medium Sandeels (Pollock/Bass).

Should keep you going. If you want to you could meet up with us and we can go to my local shop to get the bait and gear for that matter.

Phooey. Buy a couple of ready made conger/tope rigs and some wire cutters. (just in case, will explain when I see you ;) )

Pack of 3/0 hooks along with what you already have and maybe an 8" boom rig or 2 and some bait elastic.

On the hit list will be Pollock, Bass, Wrasse and maybe if we are really lucky a conger or given this build up a record BLANK!

Baits: Squid (Conger + misc), few Rag (Wrasse) and a packet of medium Sandeels (Pollock/Bass).

Should keep you going. If you want to you could meet up with us and we can go to my local shop to get the bait and gear for that matter.

Last option takes the guessing out for me - where and when is all I need to know :thumbs:

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

Hi all,

As some of you may remember Chuggs hooked up with a decent conger whilst attending the south devon meet last autumn.He lost it in the end but played it to the surface four times on a 9' spinning rod with 12lb line. :blink: Bloody good going I reckon.

Who is going to be the first to post a good pic of a good one (15lb+?)from a yak?

I was planning a trip specifically for these subterranean troglodytes... but maybe I'll be pipped to the pic and post :schmoll:

Maybe someone has already done it? If not then hurry up,in this over populated world we're running out of firsts,

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Musket I came close in January at Kimmeridge but the 12lb gear didnt stand much of a chance when it finally woke up and had a good chomp.

Thats why I'm owed one! :D

Knew it was too good to be true. Wind back up to 12mph westerly on Saturday that makes Warbarrow iffy.

Plan A. However, SUnday is back down to 9mph northerly. That is in single figures and puts most of the bay in the lee. Just means we cant do an evening session Gate gets locked I think.but could fish the day and maybe dusk. The tide is an almost non-existant neap. Fishing as above but probably without the conger.

Plan B. Fish the deep channel in Southampton Water up to high at 9pm on Saturday. Know this can be done its what me and Phooey did. ( Fishing will be mixed

Plan C. Fish the Pennington Pipe from Keyhaven. Never fished it before so would be best if we approached in daylight and would have to play it a bit by ear, But neap means that the Solent will be at its safest. Fishing mixed with chance of early Bass.

Let me know your preferences guys. Would be great if SM would come out of hibernation for one of these. :P:D

If you want the excitement of Warbarrow suggest launching from eastern end (Tynham) so bring your walking boots and trolleys.

Knew it was too good to be true. Wind back up to 12mph westerly on Saturday that makes Warbarrow iffy.

Plan A. However, SUnday is back down to 9mph northerly. That is in single figures and puts most of the bay in the lee. Just means we cant do an evening session Gate gets locked I think.but could fish the day and maybe dusk. The tide is an almost non-existant neap. Fishing as above but probably without the conger.

Plan B. Fish the deep channel in Southampton Water up to high at 9pm on Saturday. Know this can be done its what me and Phooey did. ( Fishing will be mixed

Plan C. Fish the Pennington Pipe from Keyhaven. Never fished it before so would be best if we approached in daylight and would have to play it a bit by ear, But neap means that the Solent will be at its safest. Fishing mixed with chance of early Bass.

Let me know your preferences guys. Would be great if SM would come out of hibernation for one of these. :P:D

If you want the excitement of Warbarrow suggest launching from eastern end (Tynham) so bring your walking boots and trolleys.

If saturday is fishable I'd go for that - we cleared off just as Darnsarf's FF started pinging off submarines ( getting windy ).

I have geared up for conger just in case there is an outside chance.

Don't really mind as long as we get out.

C'mon SM B)

Edited by phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

Sorry chaps I can probably make it, are we still going for a 6pm launch cos that would suit me, 5pm possibly if in Southampton Area, or I could meet you there, call you up on the radio.

Picking up the Tarpon in the morning so if my crate fits I may bring it along, save me taking it off the roof :D

Will pick some squid and rag up on the way home from Woodmill.

Should I wear a hat.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com