Further tales of Yarak 2 and the Pheonix

richi

Cor blimey - Thursday beautiful, thursday evening (when SM spoke to me) I looked out of the club door and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Awoke Friday morning and the birds were heralding the start of spring - by 10.30 the clouds had rolled, big black ones, the wind picked up and as we cleared the RoRo at the mouth of the Itchen and turned onto Southampton water heading for Netley Abbey - a horrible squall sprang up that blotted out BOTH banks of the river! IT HAILED so hard that we had to use the seat cushins for protection over our heads! Then it cleared away, for \bout 5 minutes before the next nasty rolled in. Got some great pictures of the boats spotlit between the squalls and banks of cloud - but it was less than pleasant.

I hope you lot fared better on Saturday - because I was then in North Yorkshire on a truck shoot - bu**er me if those hail storms hadn't followed me up the motorway! It was as black as the Earl of Hells waistcoat. Again, we had to make do with quick spurts between the showers! Then I got home and it cleared away lovely in the evening.......when did I kill that cat?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply