4 replies to this topic

#1 BobH

BobH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Angling, Gardening and Reading

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

At a Carp water I fished the other day, the Carp were very active, sending up clouds of bubbles every where, but completely pre-occupied with Blood worm, it drove me mad !!

I tried everything I had with me, big and small boilies, pellets of all sizes, plastic artificial baits and some dead maggots, but I could not induce a take.

Have other Carp anglers had this problem and if so how did they cope with the problem ?

Bob

Edited by BobH, 19 September 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#2 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

BobH,

I like these:  http://www.nashtackl...itters-hookless

and these:  http://enterprisetac...icial-bloodworm

Phone

#3 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,147 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

Wonder if balanced fake red maggots, a match pack of joker and pva bags would work?

#4 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

Steve,

The bloodworms from Enterprise work really well when cast in a blob of mud. (when they work at all)

Phone

#5 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,147 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Phone, I was thinking of Anderoo's experiment catching tench on a bit of twig - that if you can get them hoovering over your bait, anything with the right buoyancy should get sucked in. You can actually buy bloodworm for bait in the UK. Jokers are small ones for loose feed, so I was thinking a big pva sausage full of them and a neutral buoyancy bait sat in the middle. Never heard of anyone trying this with bloodworm.