jonchery

moth

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May

Hi Moth,

I am off to Jonchery on Friday for a week I will let you know how I faired on my return,

What swim have you booked and I will do some digging whilst I am there for you.

Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscript Catapultas Habebunt

Hi Moth,

I am off to Jonchery on Friday for a week I will let you know how I faired on my return,

What swim have you booked and I will do some digging whilst I am there for you.

Swim I

cant wait, but then i bet your excited too :)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

post-7545-1145817706_thumb.jpgpost-7545-1145817829_thumb.jpgpost-7545-1145817473_thumb.jpg

Hi Moth, Arrived home yesterday.

We fished swim five for the week, Tactics were single hook baits with small pva bags and a small amount of Freebies scattered around marks. The bottom of the whole lake is pretty featureless, there is an old river bed running through the lake and this is the feature to fish to, all bar 3 of our fish were taken from this mark.

Swims 1 and 5 are the least popular we had all of our fish on Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

We asked to move to swim one(as no one was fishing swim one) on Tuesday but the Baliff Paul refused as the rules state you cant move swims.

Swim 3 produced about 5 fish biggest 34lb Grassy, Swim 6 produced 3 fish biggest 41lb Common,swims 2 and 4 were fished by some dutch guys and they had about 6 fish each but they were all lumps biggest 45lb common.

Our tally for the week is as follows:24lb mirror, 20lb common, 34lb mirror, 35lb mirror, 14lb Sturgeon, 46lb common, 22lb mirror,24lb sturgeon,14lb fully scaled mirror, 36lb mirror.

All the fish were in tip top condition.

I have taken some pics on my mates camera of swim one and will up load them later for you.

When we left there were some french anglers in swim one and the fish were topping all over the place, the swim was really like a fish soup.

Keep your rigs simple 8- 10 inches of braid, good quality size 6 hooks knottless knotted etc. 3 oz in line leads

this did the trick for us and Paul the bailiff will check your rigs.

Keep your unhooking mats and weighslings on the top when you pack as Paul will ask to see them on your arrival, we had to unpack the entire trailer to show him.

The lodge was very good with shower ,toilet, and fully equipped kitchen.

There are bikes there for the anglers use, make sure you get there early to get one.

The supermarket is 10 mins away and well stocked.

Carp pellets are available there at 50 euros for 25kilo, they use these to feed the fish in the stock ponds so they are used to them.

Take some permenent markers with you (the pole type not the line and weight type) row them out in the boat and push them in the bottom, fish to the markers.

Dont put huge amounts of bait in unless you know they are really having it.

All in all we had a great weeks fishing, although the wait was long it was worth it.

Please let me know how you get on.

TL

Will

Edited by Will Greenhill

Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscript Catapultas Habebunt

post-7545-1145817706_thumb.jpgpost-7545-1145817829_thumb.jpgpost-7545-1145817473_thumb.jpg

Hi Moth, Arrived home yesterday.

We fished swim five for the week, Tactics were single hook baits with small pva bags and a small amount of Freebies scattered around marks. The bottom of the whole lake is pretty featureless, there is an old river bed running through the lake and this is the feature to fish to, all bar 3 of our fish were taken from this mark.

Swims 1 and 5 are the least popular we had all of our fish on Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

We asked to move to swim one(as no one was fishing swim one) on Tuesday but the Baliff Paul refused as the rules state you cant move swims.

Swim 3 produced about 5 fish biggest 34lb Grassy, Swim 6 produced 3 fish biggest 41lb Common,swims 2 and 4 were fished by some dutch guys and they had about 6 fish each but they were all lumps biggest 45lb common.

Our tally for the week is as follows:24lb mirror, 20lb common, 34lb mirror, 35lb mirror, 14lb Sturgeon, 46lb common, 22lb mirror,24lb sturgeon,14lb fully scaled mirror, 36lb mirror.

All the fish were in tip top condition.

I have taken some pics on my mates camera of swim one and will up load them later for you.

When we left there were some french anglers in swim one and the fish were topping all over the place, the swim was really like a fish soup.

Keep your rigs simple 8- 10 inches of braid, good quality size 6 hooks knottless knotted etc. 3 oz in line leads

this did the trick for us and Paul the bailiff will check your rigs.

Keep your unhooking mats and weighslings on the top when you pack as Paul will ask to see them on your arrival, we had to unpack the entire trailer to show him.

The lodge was very good with shower ,toilet, and fully equipped kitchen.

There are bikes there for the anglers use, make sure you get there early to get one.

The supermarket is 10 mins away and well stocked.

Carp pellets are available there at 50 euros for 25kilo, they use these to feed the fish in the stock ponds so they are used to them.

Take some permenent markers with you (the pole type not the line and weight type) row them out in the boat and push them in the bottom, fish to the markers.

Dont put huge amounts of bait in unless you know they are really having it.

All in all we had a great weeks fishing, although the wait was long it was worth it.

Please let me know how you get on.

TL

Will

Nice pictures mate!

I hope i catch some big one, my uk pb is only 19 1/2lb

when i get pm i will send you my email address