Stronsay trip July 2006

Guest NickInTheNorth

quote:

the table and then some.

Don't tell Henry about the drink though, I believe he dosn't drink at all.

Bob [/QB]

Bob, He will after the meet in September.... :D

Might just be up for it tho...me, I mean....I already had a chat with Nick about it.....sounds good, we are thinking along the lines of a week off work, Scrabster for a couple of days with the boat, over to you, then collect the boat and home.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had already asked if you were coming in the Skate Video question, before I saw your post.

I thought you would be coming to Stronsay but was getting worried because you hadn't posted here.

Try not to put him off, because there a a few of us up here and a couple of them don't drink very much, you can tell him we can cater for all from total abstinence through to you and Keith Floyd ;-)

Did you know we have a Monastery with about 40 monks on the small nearby island of Papa Stronsay. If there is any call for prayers I am sure they can help us. maybe this is why the Skate are back.

Don't forget there are two ferries involved both ways.

Bob

Tack4, just tell her you need to revisit your past.

Or bring her along, she might just enjoy herself and then let you go fishing more.

I am sure we can arrange activities for non angling spouses etc. Children can enjoy themselves with the same freedom we had in our childhood days. My kids amuse them self's by jumping off the pier, kayaking, playing about on beaches with no fear of strangers because we don't normally get many but I suppose next year could be different ;-)

Just don't tell her she can go shopping as this could lead to a problem unless she only like buying groceries.

Bob

Guest NickInTheNorth

I think we'll all need a guide to go that far north, it's not even shown on the maps.

Mine just shows a big white space, with the words "here be sea monsters"!

Lets hope their right :D:D

Norm B:

Norm B:

I`m game.

But I`ll need a guide to go that far North!!

I get giddy anywhere N of Watford. :D:D

:cool: That makes 2 southerners so far. :D
Maybe me as well - safety in numbers and all that!

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Do I count?? I spent 15 years in Gosport and another 5 in Clanfield?? OK I saw the light and moved back to BRighouse some time ago!! But I reckon I should at least be classed as a token southener!!

[ 19. July 2005, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris Goddard:

Do I count?? I spent 15 years in Gosport and another 5 in Clanfield?? OK I saw the light and moved back to BRighouse some time ago!! But I reckon I should at least be classed as a token southener!!

:cool: Gosport and Clanfield, who did you upset, God? :D