korum day shelter

marmiteboy

I am thinking of buying a day shelter as i am tired of the rain getting me from the sides when i am under my umberlla.I have seen the korum day shelter and want to know if it would fit a bed chair in it or 2 chairs when ma dad comes with me and takle.If any anglers have one can they give me some reveiws on it please.

I am thinking of buying a day shelter as i am tired of the rain getting me from the sides when i am under my umberlla.I have seen the korum day shelter and want to know if it would fit a bed chair in it or 2 chairs when ma dad comes with me and takle.If any anglers have one can they give me some reveiws on it please.

Have seen one set up at local tackle shop, but you would not get 2 bed chairs in there, though they where a bit tall/high.The Diawa mission shelter in a great shelter for the money, you get the groundsheet and poles with and can buy a winter skin at an extra cost, but not for 2 chairs, If you want to get 2 bed chairs in a bivie and use as a day shelter also, have a look at the JRC roamer dome, a cracking bivie for £50 or less, we get 2 nash outlaw bedchairs in it, grant you it's tight, but workable, you can also get the winter skin for the roamer dome for about £25.the new roamer dome 5000 has side widows with mossi nets and can be rolled back and fastened into a shelter. the only disadvantage it's not a brolly style, so you have to thread 3 poles through, but can still be put up in minutes, but for less than £50 it's a good price.

As I have posted many times, I use a JRC stealth brolley for day sessions.

It fits a bed chair and a bundle of gear no problem.

Two chairs would fit side by side for day sessions and leave a bit of room behind you for your bits and bobs.

It comes with a groundsheet and decent pegs.

You need two small storm / bivvie sticks to hold it up and there are another two storm caps at the front so you can use two big sticks for added stenght if it is blowing a hooley!!!!!!!!!

I also use a stealth brolley plus (has a zip on front) for overnighters - hardley used the front panel but its handy for breezy nights or if it is raining. JRC claim you can get to small bed chairs in it with the front on.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Get yourself a Dave Lane STI brolly ( http://www.jktackle.co.uk/acatalog/JRC_Bivvies.html#a185 ) this will sound a little bit more expensive than the Korum day shelter but it is enough to accommodate 2 or 3 people (a bit tight depending how small or big they are!) chairs/seating but for the bedchair, it depending on the sizes again.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Get yourself a Dave Lane STI brolly ( http://www.jktackle.co.uk/acatalog/JRC_Bivvies.html#a185 ) this will sound a little bit more expensive than the Korum day shelter but it is enough to accommodate 2 or 3 people (a bit tight depending how small or big they are!) chairs/seating but for the bedchair, it depending on the sizes again.

I'll second that, superb piece of kit.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I have just bought a JRC sti 1 man and found out it wont fit onto some of the pegs on the lakes i fish :angry: my own fault reaaly even tho it is a cracking bivvy for the money ( a little heavy tho) so i am also looking for a small shelter for around £50. The diawa mission looks like just the job but will it fit a bed chair under it. The korum one looks a little on the high side for what i want.

any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards Paul Mc