Are Carp Any Good To Eat?

Sharkbyte

Forgive the title guys, it's not a genuine question as I don't expect that there is a Carper in the UK that would give it a try.

After a lengthy debate on the Coarse Forum (some 15 pages in 5 days) concerning whether it is Ok for anglers to kill coarse fish in order to take them home or not, a poll has now been set up. As a keen Perch angler in the winter months I am here to blatantly rally a little support against this act of vandalism as I see it and would appreciate any of your comments on the discussion thread and maybe a vote or two, whether you are for or against.

Cheers

Sharkbyte. :thumbs:

:lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's good job we haven't got a veggie forum. ;)

Sharkbite, in case you haven't noticed I did put a post asking everyone to make their vote. Many members do cross forums, and no doubt it's being discussed on other sites as well.

So, there's no real need to canvass.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

eating wild native perch is one thing (though i have done it, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again) but i really can't see why someone would get upset about someone eating what's no more than a farmed stock fish

Jeeps, you are playing the devil's advocate and will probably be destined to haunt Redmire for ever.

I really can't see why any coarse shouldn't be eaten, but, wisely, it being frowned upon by sporting anglers.

Could carp be farmed as a food? Probably, monks are quite partial to them! They could also be used as dead-baits, and the residue used as garden mulch, quite useful fish.

carp are farmed as food, all over the world, and they're freely available in this country too. the 4-5lb ones on the slab at my local fishmonger come from exactly the same place as the ones in lakes all over the country

As a keen Perch angler in the winter months I am here to blatantly rally a little support against this act of vandalism as I see it and would appreciate any of your comments on the discussion thread and maybe a vote or two, whether you are for or against.

Sharkbyte - sorry but I seriously doubt that you would appreciate any comments that were seriously pro eating carp or any other fish you happen to like.

Based on your comments on the currently running batch of perch topics, I'm sure you would enjoy feedback from those who agree with you but not from any who were barbaric and wrong headed enough to disagree.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sharkbyte, might I remind you that it was you who asked me to start that thread.

Click HERE for Perch and silt thread.

I'm sorry you feel things haven't gone your way but opinions have been made clear and a poll has been carried out, with the results clearly demonstrating that 70% of the members would reserve the right to eat coarse fish.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...