Hi from Northamptonshire

Alan D

Hi chaps/ladies. I`m Alan, 37 in northampton and have just got back into fishing after more than 20 years away. I took up the premier fisheries off a month ago to pickup some free gear and get a days fishing at Tingrith Fishery in bedfordshire with a 4 metre whip rod they gave me along with a few rigs and free bait. I caught loads of fish and enjoyed it but catching so many relatively small fish with such ease made me yearn for a bit of proper float fishing with a rod and reel. I`ve now got an Abu Esprit 13ft match Rod and a Shakespeare Mach 2 rear Drag Reel. I had my first outing a week ago at Emberton Country Park just outside Milton Keynes with a family friend. I caught plenty of fish with maggots but sadly they were all tiddlers so I`m going back sunday hoping to catch something bigger.

Is there anyone else about from the MK or Northampton area with some good knowledge of the rivers, lakes and canals in this region?

I`ve joined the MKAA as it covers Emberton and its a nice place.

Cheers chaps

Welcome to AnglersNet and welcome back to fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Lucky man.

I am stuck at home this weekend.

I hope your Sunday is excellent.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President