RUTLAND DEPTH MAP

skeetshoot

Hi

Looking for some help.

I'm Based in Scotland but making my first trip with a few Friends to Rutland in September this year. We have 3 days fishing planned.

None of us have fished the water before - looking for some guidance on the top marks traditionally at this time of year and what methods work best.

I am really keen to get hold of a map that shows the depths and contours of the water - does anyone have such a thing or can you dierct me to where I can get hold of one?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Here's one for starters.

I have a depth map somewhere, just need to find it.

Basically the ends of the arms are relatively shallow [up to 25 feet] but with extensive shallows.

The main bowl is up to 110 feet.

Methods of course vary. You should have fry feeding at that time, so look for weed beds.

Ruddering produces some big fish at that time, but being based in Scotland I would imagine that's frowned on :lol:

Where are you staying? If you haven't booked anywhere yet try here. My mate Rob Waddington runs it and is an instructor/guide so he will give you the latest info if you stay with him.

I'll keep looking for that map.

Colin

Hi

thanks for the advice....

Rudder fishing indeed! - must give it a try though!!!

It would be great if I could get hold of a copy of that map at A1 it must be huge.

I know I could copy it at work - if worst comes to worst, you could maybe send me it recorded delivery and I could copy and return - I would pay all the costs of course.

Thanks again at this stage though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

The original post was from 2006 when there was a map on a web site. Now the link doesn't lead anywhere.

Try http://www.rwff.org.uk/RutlandMap.htm

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 months later...