Help

Andrew

I need some help if possible chaps

I need some onfo on fly fishing tackle. The basics will do.

Am i right in saying a WET FLY sinks and a DRY fry floats.

The reason, i'm in for a change of job, i'm getting on a bit and want a change in my working life, Been on the roofing since i left skool (spelling LoL ). Now a nice job in a tackle shop beckons me.

I'm ok with sea and coarse tackle but the fly lets me down. Any information will be most gratefully recieved

I've trolled the net for information, but i th thought " Anglers Net " fly anglers for first hand gen, ( a bit of crawling )

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew

Yes, a dry fly floats and a wet fly sinks. Though a wet fly can be "ginked" (oiled) to make it float.

In general, a dry fly should be fished on a floating line, and wet flies can be fished on any type of line. You can also fish one or more wet flies (usually buzzers or nymphs) under a dry fly.

Cheers

Ian.

Edited by IanR

So a wet fly on sinking line could be " ginked" to make it float ?? ( i know of gink)

You can also fish one or more wet flies (usually buzzers or nymphs) under a dry fly.

I take it that means a number of fly's on the same line ?? sort of a "pennel sea rig " multi hook

Sorry, thanks for your reply

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Thanks again, all info helps, :D

“Vescere bracis meis”

That'll do me Ian, :D , much appreciated

“Vescere bracis meis”

the legs out of plaster in a week, It'll be june before i can keep that promise to you and get you out for a spot of fluff chucking but you will (he hopes) catch fish, and they'll be wild delicious brownies.

Whatever happened to Jangar btw??

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Got sick of it Phil mate LoL, Courtney has stopped calling me by the name, she gets a bit embarressed about it now LMAO

“Vescere bracis meis”

just walked on the leg without crutches for the first time, weird....but oh so good.

Edited by phil dean

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY