Scottish RSA irrelevant - official line

I have just recieved a copy of a letter sent to my local MSP from Ross Finnie the Scottish fisheries minister. In many letters to the SACN and the SFSA Finnie has encouraged us to contact the VisitScotland team as the best way to promote RSA

In his letter to the MSP he states

“VisitScotland does not consider RSA to be a large contributor to the sector, so has no plans to further sector development

At least we now where we stand now. If this doesn't inspire anglers to write to their MSP asking them to explain Finnies statement then nothing will.

South of the border Defra are meeting regularly with angling leaders and have doubled the representation at the sea Fishing committees yet even the tourist board doesn't want to know us in Scotland.

Also in a letter to the Scottish SACN this week Finnies refused us a representative on the new inshore Fisheries groups despite assurances two years ago we would have a representative at each of the 12 regions.

I could understand his attitude if he had sanctioned as asked by three MSP's, an economic survey on RSA and was basing his thoughts on facts.

A few letters from the SACN and the SFSA will not change his thoughts but a constant reminder from MSP's from all over Scotland might just make him sit up and listen.

Please write to your MSP and ask him/her to ask Finnie why RSA is being totally ignored in Scotland. Your MSP is obliged to ask him by law.

You can find your MSP at http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msp/index.htm or if you live outwith Scotland but wish to write then Ross finnie can be contacted at Ross.Finnie.msp@scottish.parliament.uk

Please post on here if you have sent a letter, so we know which MSP's have recieved a letter. Our target is for every coastal MSP which is most of them to recieve at least one letter/email.

Also please copy and paste this on to any forums you think relevant and send it by email to anglers in your address book.

cheers

Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his letter to the MSP he states

“VisitScotland does not consider RSA to be a large contributor to the sector, so has no plans to further sector development

Ian,

Ask him what this is all about, then:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/get_hooke...rdeenshire.html

There are some nice quotes in there for you to lift.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What can people south of the border do to help Ian ?

Hi Glen

If you have never fished in Scotland probably not alot. If you have then a quick breakdown of trips, money spent, places visited etc and sent to Finnie himself. Email address above

How are you mate and how's the cod petition getting on?

Ian,

Ask him what this is all about, then:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/get_hooke...rdeenshire.html

There are some nice quotes in there for you to lift.

Hi Elton

That's interesting. I am not sure the right arm knows what the left arm is doing

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hi Ian,

I'm fine and hope you are too. The cod petition is slow. To bw honest I havent looked for ages. Too many things to do at present what with the family, allottment and collecting crabs I have little spare time right now. I was wondering if I should close it and send it or wait untill autumn when I have more time and try collect signatures through tackle shops etc.

Thanks for showing an interest and I hope you get the scottish rsa some recognition soon.

Regards - Glenn

What is it with politicians?? They're all the same. They're like that down here as well but worse as they can't even be bothered to grace us with a response to any of the news.

I can't say that Scotland is a destination for me at the moment but as a family holiday in the next few years (son is only 2 at the moment) I would certainly be interested as there's a bit of something for the missus, pretty scenery as well and I might get to drown a worm (or whatever bait you use up there) and hence would be an RSA tourist of value to you.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

What is it with politicians?? They're all the same. They're like that down here as well but worse as they can't even be bothered to grace us with a response to any of the news.

I can't say that Scotland is a destination for me at the moment but as a family holiday in the next few years (son is only 2 at the moment) I would certainly be interested as there's a bit of something for the missus, pretty scenery as well and I might get to drown a worm (or whatever bait you use up there) and hence would be an RSA tourist of value to you.

You stay there for the moment. It's been bloody cold here for months. :lol::lol:

:yeah: Congrats on your SACN appoinment :yeah: or is it condolences. Sometimes I wonder when you get news like that today after months of effort.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

You stay there for the moment. It's been bloody cold here for months. :lol::lol:

And I been wearing shorts for the last week, positively tropical reaching low twenties but clouding up now!!

:yeah: Congrats on your SACN appoinment :yeah: or is it condolences. Sometimes I wonder when you get news like that today after months of effort.

I know what you mean. I got soo much to work out. Seems like a ton of stuff to do and coming in right in the middle of all that Bass stuff hasn't been easy. Bit overwhelming but I got a good support team here in Guernsey now so it takes some of the pressure off, soo many letters to write to upset people in power in front of the public... We might even have a day trip with the Guernsey SFC on their patrol vessel the Leapordess lined up to "see what they do"... Have to wait and see as no promises were made and if it does happen it will all be at short notice.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society