Keep out of the Water.

Zzippy

For example

Weever.jpg

right click on this picture and select properties and you'll see its name is

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/dontbenosy/Weever.jpg

which is inserted using

[ IMG ]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/dontbenosy/Weever.jpg[ /IMG ]

(but without spaces in the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] , I put those in so it doesn't just put up the photo again!

Picture stolen off a random Google search, apologies to the owner!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To post the big ones like I did rather than then the thumbnails I use the gallery on here. I find the post limit too low if I want to post several pics when I use the thumbnail attachments.

Click on My controls up at the top menu bar, and then My Albums under Invision Gallery on the left menu bar.

Create an Album and make sure you tick the box to make it viewable to the public. Then use the Bulk Upload option on the drop down menu under Controls.

Click on the browse and find your picture on your machine. This will need to be sized to less than 100K. I use MS PhotoEditor and resize the width to 5.5 or 6inches.

Once it is uploaded you can view by going to Gallery, top right of the page, then Members Gallery and yours will be the last one in there if it is the first time you have done it. If you look in my gallery you will see the pics I posted.

To place the picture in a post you need to put the complete web addy inside image tags, with no spaces. The image tags are "" at the start and [ /img ] at the end. I had to put spaces between the brackets and the img here to get it to post or else it thinks its a duff message and wont post.

To get the web addy click on the gallery picture you want to post to view it full size, then right mouse click and select 'copy shortcut', then 'paste' it into your post. You should get an addy something like this

"http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/uploads/1138292456/gallery_4086_109_2238.jpg"

so stick that between the tags, with no gaps.

To avoid hopping back and forth between the gallery and the post I open 2 sessions on AN, one in the post and the other in the gallery.

Thanks Spanner, I was hoping someone would explain that process. Sounds complicated, :crazy: but i'll give it a try

because I've run foul of the post limitations on here and I like the nice big images you've posted in the past. :thumbs:

Zzippy and I headed out after the shark today. We used balloons to keep the bait at preset depths and had a nice oily slick of chum go down our scent lane. No hookups (it was never going to be as easy as that) but we managed a few mackeral and a bream whilst waiting for the big one.

I was wondering what the best way is to hook a live mackeral when using size 6/0's? My live bait didn't fare too well today - was D.O.A. when reeling back in at the end of its shift (will be under the grill tonight yumm).

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Specimen,

Hook a live mackerel by taking the hook DOWN through the bottom jaw - then use a piece of bicycle tube rubber over the hook - like a strip of squid - to stop it from falling off.

Hooked this way the mackerel will stay alive a long time because the hook isn't through the gills. Did you put the hook down through the gills?

However, you don't have to have a live bait for blues.

Better luck next time. I can't come next Friday, we'll be heading to Loch Lomond with the boat in tow.

Good luck.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• 3 weeks later...

Better late than never!

Balloon with bait set to mid depth

balloon.jpg

We used a divers net bag filled with whole mackeral chunks and mackeral fillets from a tin can. Created a nice slick.

slick.jpg

This is an underwater shot of the net bag.. I like it. We created a stream of tiny fish bits from the tinned mackeral.

netbag.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

that's a beautiful looking reel SpeciMan are you pleeased with it?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

thanks - yes I really like it - the reel is very smooth and it feels like there is a fair bit of power to it. Lifting 2lb lead with whole mackeral bait still in tact is no big dealh. I don't think it will get lots of use though what with the fishing I tend to do but in the long term it should work out.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• 9 months later...

Just posting to re-kindle this matter as the first week of May is not far off and the water temperature is ahead of itself.

http://www.bournemouth-surfing.co.uk/

Moonyaker

Edited by Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

There is another place I would like to try this year.Thats 5 miles South of the Needles.But would need a support boat with us.Its where the Gulf stream runs through.I think a large number of Blues and Porbeagles get around there.

zzippy2.gif