Tope Trip Wales

SpeciMan

I'm budgetting for about 10-14 whole mackeral a day - will probably use them in halves (heads & guts and tails)

If Zzippys got space left in his car :lol: we'll be there early evening.

I'd reckon 14 as a minimum if using whole baits - which I will be - the doggies, crabs, and huss can be a right PITA !

20 will see you not going short though if you are out say 8 hrs.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck guys. Sorry cant now make it due to emergency dental treatment that can only be done Friday afternoon and some personal business thats come up on Saturday. Ill spare you the gory details but get one for me and stay safe. Richi will fill you in. :cry::thumbs:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Sorry to hear that Darnsarf - I hope your dental work goes smoothly. I bet after this weekend there will be a few mini tope meets in Wales. Perhaps you will be able to make one of these.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Sorry you can't make it Paul. :( I'd just sorted some floats out for trying for the Tope, just for something different. I thought we may have had a bit of a comp to see who could get the first.

I hope you get sorted and maybe you can make it up in the next few weeks :)

Stuart.

Stuart, Good Luck. For what its worth I was looking at fishing the bait just off the bottom using either a flapper of joey to get plenty of movement.

Definately make future ones just that besides the root canal filling Ive got to have (ouch) something else has come up that has to be sorted over the next couple of weekends. Timing couldnt be worse. Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the "it was this big" stories. :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Good Luck guys. Sorry cant now make it due to emergency dental treatment that can only be done Friday afternoon and some personal business thats come up on Saturday. Ill spare you the gory details but get one for me and stay safe. Richi will fill you in. :cry::thumbs:

Hiya Paul.Sorry to hear you cant make it.Maybe a trip in the solent for the Smuts is called for,once you have sorted things out.

Looks like it could be a bit Breezy on Sat and maybe Thunder storms on Sunday.Thats according to the ITV news forecast that has just been on.

Nifty.I have packed my Balloons to act as floats :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Darnsarf,

You know that nervous feeling you get when you sit in the dentists chair, well it's just the same as waiting for the Tope to hit you, so I guess we'll be enduring the same feeling only I'll be sitting out in the sunshine and not looking up at the ceiling tiles :D

Zzippy,

The balloons might come in handy on Saturday, along with a bit of bunting with the cross of St George for when the boys come good in Germany :clap2:

nifty.

well its forecast 14mph breeze today and i've just got up and theres hardly a breath :) heres hoping see you soon :sun:

There's never usually much wind early in the morning, so this isn't a very reliable indication. It tends to pick up with the thermal activity later in the day. But, its going to be a great w/e whatever the wind does. :sun: